Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken is a delicious blend of creamy chicken with black beans, corn and more. The ranch flavor takes this to the next level for a meal everyone will love.
Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe
Fiesta Lime Chicken is the easiest toss and go meal. Everything literally goes into the pressure cooker and in 30 minutes you get to enjoy a great dinner.
This recipe is also a great way to stretch your meat budget because the beans, corn and tomatoes help stretch the chicken. It is so easy and tasty. The cream cheese and ranch really gives it the best flavor.
This instant pot fiesta lime chicken is a great way to change up your chicken. This is definitely a family favorite recipe.
What is Fiesta Lime Chicken?
Fiesta Lime is a mixture of chicken, beans, taco seasoning and more. It is the perfect dump and go meal that can be served many different ways. This copycat recipe is great because you can make it at home.
We love that everything can cook in the instant pot and we have a complete in 30 minutes. This is my go-to meal when I forget to set something out but family wants to eat dinner.
The options are endless on how to serve this fiesta lime chicken recipe. This copycat Applebee’s Fiesta Lime chicken recipe will become a family favorite.
Ingredients for Fiesta Lime chicken:
- Chicken Breast
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Taco Seasoning
- Black Beans
- Block Cream Cheese
- Fresh Limes
- Chicken Broth
How to make fiesta lime chicken in the Instant Pot:
- Place all the ingredients except for the cream cheese in the Instant pot.
- Set the valve to sealing. Set the high pressure for 30 minutes. Cook time could vary.
- Do a quick release to release a pressure.
- Shred the chicken.
- Then switch the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the diced up cream cheese. Heat for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Squeeze the limes over the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
Serve over rice or with tortillas. Top Fiesta Lime Chicken with shredded cheese and avocados!
What to serve with Fiesta Lime Chicken:
I love how versatile this dish is. You can enjoy this in a taco or serve it as a salad. This chicken is amazing however you serve it.
This fiesta chicken is also really tasty served over Cilantro lime rice. This is such an easy and delicious dinner.
Here are some of our favorite ways to serve:
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Taco Shells
- Taco Salad
- Burrito Bowl
- Over Rice
- and whatever you like!
- Shredded Cheese
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sour Cream
- Pico de gallo
- Tortilla Strips
You will need a Pressure Cooker:
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. You can find the Instant pot on sale here. Pressure cooking has really changed dinner time around here.
This meal is also delicious in the slow cooker. You might also want to try Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken.
Fiesta Chicken Tips:
- Do you know that you can use a hand mixer to shred the chicken faster? It is so easy and one of my best time saving kitchen tips! If you are not shredding your chicken this way, you are missing out. It can be done in a fraction of the time by doing it by hand.
- We use chicken breast in this recipe, but you can also use chicken thighs.
- If you would like, add in some green bell peppers or red bell peppers. Chop in small pieces so they are cooked softly and your kids will not notice them.
How to serve leftovers:
This fiesta chicken is one of my favorite meals to cook once, eat twice. There are many different recipes you can make with this chicken. Add it to a chicken taco soup recipe. With all the ingredients already cooked, it would be an easy soup recipe.
My kids will make a quesadilla out of this chicken. It is already perfectly shredded and the combination of the flavor makes for the perfect quesadilla lunch.
You can even make leftover fiesta chicken burritos. This chicken doesn’t last long in my house. We think it is even better the next day.
How to store leftovers:
This fiesta lime chicken is perfect for leftovers. I will place in an airtight container and it will last in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days.
This is great meal to double the batch. you can freeze the leftovers and reheat for a great second meal.
Print this Fiesta Lime Chicken recipe
Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 ranch seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans 15 oz Rinsed and Drained
- 1 can Diced tomatoes with green chiles 8 oz
- 1 can corn 15.25 oz not drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese diced
- 2 fresh limes
- Add all the ingredients except for the cream cheese and fresh limes to an instant pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Seal the instant pot by moving the valve on the lid to the seal portion.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- After the cook time, do a quick release of the pressure by moving the valve on the lid to the vent position.
- Remove the chicken, shred and return the chicken back to the instant pot.
- Switch the instant pot to the sauté setting.
- Squeeze the limes over the chicken mixture , add in the cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes until the cream cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice or with tortillas and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe