If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer these Pinwheel Sandwiches is the one to make. Simple ingredients makes this appetizer flavorful.
We love to make easy grab and go appetizers when we are hosting the big game or a BBQ. These Easy Pinwheel Sandwiches are both easy to make and taste amazing. They are kid friendly and adults love them too.
Not only are pinwheel sandwiches serve as a great party appetizer but they are also the perfect lunch for your kids lunch box. There is a variety of ways to make them so my kids love that they can request their own.
Make these easy sandwiches the next time you are heading out to a BBQ, a holiday dinner, or for a kids birthday party. They will be enjoyed by all as they are the perfect finger food, healthy snack.
Easy Pinwheel Sandwich Recipe:
This Easy Pinwheel Sandwich Recipe is so simple to make. You can easily make these for a last minute gathering at your house or for a kids party at school. They are completely customizable which makes for a kids favorite snack.
They are also perfect to take on a picnic with a side of fruit and chips. We love that you can make them healthy and your kids will still eat them. My kids will eat food that is bite size better than a regular sandwich.
Grab some simple sandwich meat and a tortilla and make these easy Pinwheel Sandwiches today.
What is Pinwheel Sandwich Made Of?
There are many different ways to make these pinwheel sandwiches.
- Choose your Tortilla Type
- Why Type of Dressing or spread
- Season the spread
- Add your favorite lunch meat
- Top with your Favorite lettuce
- Wrap the ingredients and then slice to make into Pinwheels.
These sandwiches are completely customizable to what you have or your dietary restrictions. These Pinwheel sandwiches are fun to make and make the perfect appetizer for any gathering you attend.
- Burrito Size Tortillas (12 inch tortillas)
- Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Minced Garlic
- Deli Ham
- Deli Turkey
- Provolone Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves
How to Make Pinwheel Sandwiches:
- Mix cream cheese and seasoning together – Place the cream cheese, fresh parsley, minced garlic and salt in a medium size mixing bowl. Use a hand held mixer to blend and combine all the ingredients.
- Spread on Tortilla – Lay the flour tortillas out on a flat working surface and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly onto each of the tortillas.
- Top with meat and cheese – Then layer the ham out evenly on the flour tortillas. Next layer the provolone cheese on top of the ham and then layer the deli turkey on top of the cheese.
- Add the Lettuce – Finally, layer the Romaine lettuce leaves or green leaf lettuce on top of the turkey. Use enough lettuce to cover the deli meat.
- Tortilla Roll – Then tightly roll up each tortilla.
- Slice Tortilla – Use toothpicks to secure the tortillas and then slice each tortilla into 8-10 pieces (secure each piece with a toothpick).
- Serve and Enjoy – Then the pinwheel sandwiches are ready to serve and enjoy!
Can I Make Pinwheel Sandwiches the Night Before?
These Pinwheel Sandwiches can be made ahead of time but it will depend on the ingredients that you use. If you are adding tomatoes then I would plan on making them and serving the sandwiches.
The tomatoes would make the tortilla soggy so I would skip that ingredient if making to early. If I plan on making them to serve soon, I usually only make them no more than a day ahead of time.
This ensure the ingredients stay fresh and the tortilla doesn’t get soggy serve within 24 hours.
How Long do you Chill Pinwheels Recipe before Cutting:
It is recommend to let the pinwheels chill for at least two hours before slicing. This allows that the ingredients to sit and the tortilla to seal better. Then slice the sandwiches in ¾ inch slices to make the pinwheels.
We like to make and serve as the tortilla tends to be softer than when you place in the refrigerator. Make sure to wrap in plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
Pinwheel Sandwiches Tips:
- Tortilla Size – We recommend buying at least 10 inch size tortilla so it holds all the ingredients. The burrito size tortilla works best because you can get more pinwheels out of them.
- Roll Tortilla Tight – When wrapping the tortilla around the ingredients make sure to close it tightly.
- Don’t overfill tortilla – When spreading the cream cheese, make sure you put a light layer on. This allows for room for the cheese and meats.
- Refrigerate after wrapping – It is recommended to refrigerate the wrapped tortilla’s for at least 2 hours. This allows for the ingredients to really set.
Variations and Additions:
- Change the Meat – You can use different types of meat in this recipe. Chicken, roast beef, turkey or ham are all good suggestions.
- Tortilla Wrap – Lots of different options for the tortilla. You can choose a low carb option or a flavored tortilla such as sun dried tomato.
- Spread – You can be as simple as a using mayonnaise or mustard for your spread instead of the cream cheese.
- Cheese Slices – Use different types of cheeses for different flavoring. You can also omit if you prefer.
- Green Onion – Add green onion to your spread for added flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
These are best served fresh. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days but the tortillas will get soggy while the pinwheels are stored.
Print Recipe here for Pinwheel Sandwiches:
- 5 Burrito Size Tortillas 12 inch tortillas
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 10 slices Deli Ham
- 10 slices Deli Turkey
- 10 slices Provolone Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Place the cream cheese, fresh parsley, minced garlic and salt in a medium size mixing bowl. Use a hand held mixer to blend and combine all the ingredients.
- Lay the flour tortillas out on a flat working surface and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly onto each of the tortillas.
- Then layer the ham out evenly on the flour tortillas. Next layer the provolone cheese on top of the ham and then layer the deli turkey on top of the cheese.
- Finally, layer the Romaine lettuce leaves on top of the turkey. Use enough lettuce to cover the deli meat.
- Then tightly roll up each tortilla.
- Use toothpicks to secure the tortillas and then slice each tortilla into 8-10 pieces (secure each piece with a toothpick).
- Then the pinwheel sandwiches are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Appetizer Recipes:
- Crescent Roll Veggie Appetizer
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Texas Caviar Dip Recipe
- Chili Cheese Dip Recipe