This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups is the ultimate party appetizer. It is perfect bite size finger foods and is made with simple ingredients.
Tortillas with Cream Cheese Roll Ups:
Tortilla Roll Ups is the perfect party food. All the filling ingredients are mixed in a bowl and then layered on a flour tortilla to create a crowd favorite appetizer. These rolls up are so addicting. You will be going back for more.
If you love making tortilla roll ups as much as I do, check out these other roll up recipes. These bite size appetizer can be prepared with a variety of ingredients to make for a last minute gathering.
The next time you need a quick and easy appetizer, make these cream cheese roll ups. They are kid approved and adults love them too. This no bake cream cheese appetizer is perfect for any occasion.
What are Tortilla Roll Ups?
Tortilla Roll Ups is a classic appetizer recipe that can be served for holiday gatherings or game day parties. The ingredients are simple and can be changed or added to for a delicious bite size recipe.
They are even great for an after school snack or added to your kids lunch box. Skip the sandwich and add meat to the tortilla roll ups. The kids will like the change and you know they are eating a good lunch.
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Sour Cream
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Green Chiles (4 ounce can – drained)
- Ripe Olives (4 ounces)
- Finely Chopped Green Onions
- Flour Tortillas
How to Make Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups:
- Step 1 – Mix ingredients together – Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix with a hand held or stand up mixer.
- Step 2 – Add in remaining ingredients – Then stir in the cheddar cheese, green chiles, green onions and black olives.
- Step 3 – Spread cream cheese mixture – Spread the mixture evenly on each of the flour tortillas and roll them up tightly.
- Step 4 – Chill Roll Ups – Wrap each one in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to over night.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – When ready to serve, slice each wrap into approximately ¾” thick rounds. Serve with your favorite salsa and enjoy!
Can you Make Tortilla Roll Ups the day before?
Yes, we actually recommend preparing these the day before serving. This allows the mixture to set within the tortilla to easily slice and it keeps the tortilla together.
You can also prepare the cream cheese mixture even further in advance and store in an air tight container. Then when you are ready to serve, allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature and then spread on the tortilla.
Then chill in the fridge then slice and serve.
How do you Keep Tortilla Roll Ups from getting soggy?
It depends on the ingredients that you are adding to the tortilla to keep them from getting soggy. If you are adding spinach or tomatoes, make sure that you try to get as much moisture out as possible.
The longer that these tortilla rolls up sit, could result in soggy roll ups. If you are putting ingredients that may cause some moisture to release, they may only last a few days.
How long do Pinwheels Last:
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Overtime, the pinwheels will begin to get soggy depending on the ingredients that you have added.
Tortilla Roll Ups Variations:
- Add Meat – Add diced up ham or turkey with the cream cheese mixture for a delicious bite size sandwich. This makes a perfect size sandwich for little kids.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning. You can mix in taco seasoning for a Mexican Pinwheel option. This would be perfect if you are going to a Mexican themed dinner. Mexican tortilla roll ups is a delicious appetizer.
- Beans – If you would like to add in some protein, you can mix in some black beans for added flavor. This is a great option if you are looking for a meatless option.
- Cheese – We used cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you can use pepper jack cheese or colby monterrey jack cheese.
- Vegetables – If you have some leftover vegetables, dice them up in small pieces and mixed them in with the cream cheese mixture. I love to mix chopped broccoli, chopped cauliflower or bell peppers.
- Tortilla – There are many options at the store for tortillas. They have low carb options, whole wheat, or flavored tortilla. They are many to choose from to make within your diet restriction.
Recipe Tips for Cream Cheese Roll Ups Tortilla:
- Shredded Cheese – We recommend shredded the cheese yourself instead of using pre shredded cheese. It taste better and there is no added ingredients.
- Cream Cheese – We recommend to use softened cream cheese to make the spread. It blends easy and helps to keep the spread soft and creamy.
- Tortilla – We like to use the burrito size tortillas when making this recipe. It is large and allow you to get multiple roll ups out of it.
- Wrap in Plastic – Make sure after rolling the tortilla up in with the cream cheese filling, that you wrap it in plastic.
- Slicing Rolls Ups –Slice the tortilla rounds about ¾ inch thick rounds. This is the perfect size for serving as an appetizer.
Can you Freeze Tortilla Roll Ups with Cream Cheese?
These tortilla roll ups with cream cheese are perfect to make ahead and freezer. Make sure to store in an air tight container and store in a freezer safe container.
We recommend serving within 1 month of making them. Then thaw the tortilla roll ups overnight in the fridge then slice and enjoy.
Print Recipe for Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups:
Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups
- Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix with a hand held or stand up mixer.
- Then stir in the cheddar cheese, green chiles, green onions and black olives.
- Spread the mixture evenly on each of the flour tortillas and roll them up tightly.
- Wrap each one in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to over night.
- When ready to serve, slice each wrap into approximately ¾” thick rounds. Serve with your favorite salsa and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- Baked Brie in Crescent Roll
- Hanky Panky Recipe
- Spinach Roll Ups