Once you try this Banana Peanut Butter Roll Ups recipe you will fall in love with the peanut butter and banana combo, if you haven’t already! These banana tortilla roll-ups make the perfect after school snack and they only take 3 ingredients! You just might end up making them daily!
Have you been loving all our fun and frugal after school snacks? I know my kids have loved trying them all. 🙂 Today I’m sharing with you another fun and super easy snack – Banana Tortilla Roll ups. These 3 ingredient banana peanut butter rolls are super easy to make and the kids love to help make them. That is a definite win-win!
Is a banana and peanut butter a healthy snack?
Absolutely! Peanut butter is a good source of protein and the banana is a healthy source of carbs. The combo together will help replenish your energy and keep it going through the afternoon slump. That’s what makes these peanut butter and banana pinwheels a great after school or even a post-workout snack. Sometimes we even make these simple pinwheels for lunch.
Ingredients for banana tortilla roll ups:
- Tortillas (Use your favorite kind! It can be regular, low carb or whole wheat)
- peanut butter
How to make Banana Peanut Butter Roll ups:
1. Spread Peanut butter over the entire surface of the tortilla. Don’t skimp on this part – you will want to go heavy on the peanut butter.
2. Place the banana in the middle of the tortilla and roll the tortilla around the peanut butter. You might need to cut the banana in half so it will lay a little flatter.
4. Finish rolling and then slice in about 1 inch peices. It is really that easy to make.
My kids really enjoyed them. To be honest, it was a lot of banana for me. For my healthy snack, I cut the banana in half lengthwise and then rolled it up. So one banana actually ends up making two roll ups. I liked it better that way but my kids didn’t care either way.
Variations to Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups:
- Use Nutella instead of peanut butter for a decadent treat! Better yet, use them both together!
- Sprinkle the peanut butter with mini chocolate chips, the place the banana on top and roll.
- Dip your pinwheels in melted chocolate.
- Add your favorite jelly with the peanut butter.
- Instead of using peanut butter use almond butter or even sunflower butter if there’s a peanut allergy.
- Swap out the flour tortillas for a low carb tortilla and use an all-natural peanut butter for a lower-carb treat!
- Top the peanut butter with shredded coconut.
- Drizzle a small amount of raw honey on the peanut butter and sprinkle with cinnamon before adding the banana .
- Take it to the next level by grilling your peanut butter banana roll up before you slice them.
Print your Banana Peanut Butter Roll Ups recipe below:
Banana & Peanut Butter Roll ups
- 6 Bananas
- 6 Flour Tortillas 8 inch
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Lay the flour tortillas out on a flat surface.
- Spread approximately ⅛ of the peanut butter on each tortilla.
- Peal the bananas and layer them on the tortillas as well.
- Roll each tortilla and cut into approximately 1 in pieces.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
How far in advance can you make these with out the banana turning brown?
I usually make these right before serving as the bananas will brown in a few hours. Thanks!