Use what you have and make this simple and delicious summer snack charcuterie board. This board is savory and sweet and perfect for Summer snacking.
Summer snack charcuterie board
I’m a huge fan of making charcuterie boards. My kids call them snack plates and really that is all it is. Don’t let the fancy name intimidate you because they are SO easy to put together.
This summer charcuterie board is sure to be a hit for pool parties, movie night or the next afternoon snack. Find even more tips and tricks when you learn learn how to make a charcuterie board.
What all do you need for a Summer charcuterie?
Any ingredients will work so focus on what your family likes the most. I like to make sure the items I include are mostly light for Summer snacking. When it is hot outside, I don’t want anything too heavy.
I try to always have some healthy items like fruits and veggies but I also throw in treats like M&M’s and Chocolate Caramels. Mix in some crackers and cheese and other filler items like salami and you have a great Summer charcuterie board.
My kids always joke that I can make a meal out of cheese and crackers. So you can imagine that a charcuterie is something I love!
Use what you love but here are some ideas-
- Vegetable Dip
- Fruit Dip – Try this easy fruit dip and Raspberry Fruit Dip Recipe. Both are so easy and yummy!
- Trail Mix
- Watermelon – cut this into small pieces or into triangles with a stick to make this easier to eat.
- Fruit Skewers – we love grapes, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and red raspberries
- Kiwi – cut into slices
- Dried Apricots
- Crackers- wheat crackers, triscuits, veggie crackers
- Cheese – you can use cheese slices or cubes. Cheddar, Muenster, Pepper Jack, Colby and more.
- Salami – try either slices or salami bites. Any type of cured meat will work. My kids love pepperoni slices.
- Vegetables – use what you love. Some ideas- cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower.
- Peanuts – try different varieties such as sea salt, honey roasted, spicy and more.
- Pretzels – use any variety you like. I usually use what is on sale or already in my pantry.
- Chocolate Caramels, M&M’s, Dove candy or anything you love
How to make Charcuterie board for Summer
First, get a large board out to make the charcuterie. One with an edge is easiest to keep all of the ingredients on the board.
Second, set out any bowls you plan to use for the dips, nuts or trail mix. I like to use one for veggie dip, fruit dip, nuts and trail mix.
Next, place the largest items on the board that you plan to use. In this case it would be the watermelon and fruit skewers.
Now, it is time to add the medium size items. This includes the crackers, cheese and salami or meat you plan to use.
Also add the nuts and veggies at this time.
Finally, use the smaller items to fill in the bare spots on the board. This is a great time to add pretzels, cucumbers, dried fruit and the chocolates.
Serve and enjoy! It is perfect for summer entertaining and friends and family will love it!
Tips for summer charcuterie board:
- Wooden Board – It helps to have a charcuterie board with an edge but it is not necessary. I’m a big fan of using what you have. Shop your home first. You can use a wooden cutting board if you need to. It will work fine.
- Serve immediately – Since the boards do not have any coverings, it is best to serve the snacks right after putting the charcuterie together.
- Use what you have. All of these ideas are just suggestions. No need to go out and buy anything fancy. Use the produce you already have in the fridge and the snacks in the pantry. You can’t go wrong with this fun snack for Summer.
- Mix in healthy items and treats. It’s all about balance and I have found when it is already cut up and ready to go, my kids are more likely to eat it. They will snack on cut up cucumbers and other veggies on the board. Plus, they have lots of treats too and definitely love the M&M’s I put on it.
Print this recipe for Easy Summer Charcuterie Board:
- Vegetable Dip
- Fruit Dip
- Trail Mix
- Watermelon cut into triangles with a stick for easy handling
- Fruit Skewers with grapes strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and red raspberries
- Dried Apricots
- Salami sliced and bites
- Vegetables – cucumbers cherry tomatoes, pea pods, multi-colored peppers
- Chocolate Caramels
To create board:
Start with large board, using one with edges is easiest
Place the bowls for the dips and trail mix on first
Then add the largest items like the watermelon and fruit skewers
Now add the medium size items like the crackers, cheese and sliced salami
Next add more medium size items like the peanuts, and vegetables
Fill holes with smallest items like kiwi, pretzels, cucumbers, tomatoes, dried apricots and chocolates