No bake energy bites are packed with protein so you can feel good about eating this for breakfast or a quick snack on the go. Make this with just a few simple ingredients.
No bake energy bites
My kids beg for this energy bites recipe. I mean… seriously… beg! I love them too. The entire family does!
Most of all I love them because they are full of really good ingredients. They are healthy and delicious all at the same time! Try this recipe and see how delicious it is. Everyone will love it.
You might even want to double this recipe because everyone will want more. Save yourself some time and just make extra! Healthy snacking is tasty and easy to make.
Keep reading because we have lots of ideas to try. This is an easy base recipe that you can adapt to your needs or what ingredients you have on hand. Don’t you love recipes like that?
You will save money and everyone gets a healthy and delicious recipe to try. It is a win all around!
Let’s make this easy snack!
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Ground flax seeds
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Chocolate Chips – milk chocolate and dark chocolate taste amazing.
How to make energy bites:
- 1. First, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Second, put the bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes. You want the mixture to chill so it will be easier to make the balls. Don’t skip this step because it helps so much once they are chilled.
- 3. Finally, make the balls. You should be able to make 12 energy bites.
These are really filling and delicious. You don’t need to eat a ton to satisfy your craving. We all think these are the perfect afternoon pick me up or breakfast on the go.
I have even packed these up to enjoy as my travel snack. It makes a great road trip snack and you won’t be tempted by junk food along the way.
Tips for peanut butter energy bites:
- I love to use my cookie scoop to form the mixture easily into balls but you can use your hands too. Amazon has the ones I have and I love them. It makes everything go so much faster and each energy bite is uniform. Do yourself a favor and order you one.
- Go ahead and double the recipe. You will love it for quick snacks and an easy breakfast on the go. If you have a large family, these will go fast.
- I like to grab one in the afternoon when we all seem to get a bit sluggish. It hits the spot every time and helps me make it to dinner without eating a bunch of junk or mindless snacking.
How to store:
- Refrigerate for up to a week. Use an air tight container and they will stay nice and fresh.
- Try different types of chocolate- white chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, dark chocolate and more.
- Mix almond butter with the peanut butter or use it as a substitute. Cashew butter is also tasty.
- Add chia seeds.
- Substitute maple syrup for the honey.
- Shredded coconut is a delicious add in.
- Dried fruit- cranberry or raisins work great.
Let us know what you try in your energy bites and how they turn out. We are always making something new!
Print this energy bites recipe below:
Easy Energy Bites Recipe
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate thix mixture for approximately 30 minutes.
- Then roll the mixture into 12 balls and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
I have a question…It shows the calories for these are 178. Is that for one ball?
Yes, approximately. It depends on how many energy balls you make from your batter. I made 12 from our mixture.
I love having these energy bites in my refrigerator! Such a good snack for anytime!