This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe is a simple recipe but a real crowd pleaser. Everyone loves bacon and this cheeseball is perfect for any occasion.
I already told you about one of our favorite cheese ball recipes -the Garlic onion Cheese ball recipe. But there is another one that is near and dear to my heart and it is the Bacon Ranch cheese ball recipe. It is so DELICIOUS.
This bacon cheese ball recipe is a must try and sure to be a hit. If you love bacon, you are going to devour this easy bacon cheese ball recipe.
Making a cheese ball is one of my favorite appetizer recipes. They are perfect for game day, holidays or for an afternoon snack. This Christmas Cheese Ball and Football Cheese Ball is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Table of Contents
- Why We Love this Recipe:
- Variations Ideas:
- Step by Step Instructions:
- Expert Tips:
- Serving Suggestions:
- How Long do Cheese Balls Last?
- How to Store Leftovers:
- Can you Freeze Cheese Balls?
- Try these other Cheese Ball Recipes:
- Try these other Easy Appetizer Recipes too:
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
Why We Love this Recipe:
We are going to show you how to make the easiest cheese ball ever. With only a few simple ingredients, you can make a really simple cheese ball.
Skip the store-bought cheese balls and make this at home instead. The combination of the flavors makes this bacon ranch cheeseball a family favorite.
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- Chopped Pecans for the Topping
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full list of ingredients and recip.
- Cheese – Feel free to change the shredded cheese to what you prefer. We have added in Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese and Pepper Jack cheese for added flavor.
- Nuts – Chopped pecans are a great addition but you can also use slice almond or chopped walnuts.
- Traditional Cheese Ball – You can also cover this easy cheese ball recipe in about ¼ cup of pecans. This is more of a traditional cheese ball look.
- Sour Cream – Try adding in some sour cream. I love the way it makes the cheese ball extra creamy.
- Garlic – We love the taste of garlic. I will sprinkle a little garlic powder in the cheese ball mixture.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Mix together the cream cheese and ranch seasoning mix until well combined.
Step 2 – Mix in ¾ of the bacon, 2 diced green onion stalks and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese until combined.
Step 3 – Place in the fridge and let cool until the cream cheese gets hard.
Step 4 – In a small mixing bowl, stir together the pecans, remaining bacon, diced green onions and cheddar cheese.
Step 5 – Pour this mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap. Place the harden cheese on top.
Step 6 – Roll the cream cheese mixture into a ball and roll it so the topping ingredients covers the entire ball.
- Step 7 – Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- Cream Cheese Softened – To make sure your cream cheese to mix, be sure it at room temperature.
- Make Ahead – We love making this for a party, because I can make it about 24 hours prior to the party.
- Change Shape – If you are having a football party, shape you cheese ball in the shape of a football. We like trying different shapes.
- Bacon – If you do not have bacon already cook, you can use bacon bits.
- Green Onions – Do you like green onions? You can add some in to the mixture.
- Mini Cheese Ball Bites – You can also make mini cheese balls for a fun appetizer. Insert a toothpick in each one and they become a crowd pleaser.
In my opinion you can’t have a party without having a cheese ball. It just brings everyone together around your table so they can dip their favorite food into the cheese ball. These are some of favorite:
- Pita Chips
- Mini Bagels
- Celery Sticks
How Long do Cheese Balls Last?
Typically a cheese ball will last up to 2 weeks if stored in the refrigerator and the ingredients used were not close to expiring.
If the cream cheese that you used was close to expiring, that would impact how long the cheese ball would last.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store you leftovers in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap. Enjoy the cheese ball for up to 2 weeks.
Can you Freeze Cheese Balls?
Yes, you can and this is perfect for the holidays. Just make sure to freeze it before you roll the cheese ball in the topping. Wrap the cheese balls in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or container.
This will last about 1 month. Once you are ready to enjoy, thaw overnight and then roll it into the topping.
Try these other Cheese Ball Recipes:
Try these other Easy Appetizer Recipes too:
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- Baked Brie Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened so you can stir it. If needed, soften it in the microwave.
- Mix in ¾ of the bacon, ranch mix, 2 diced green onion stalks and 1 cup of cheddar cheese until combined.
- Place in the fridge and let cool until the cream cheese gets hard.
- In a small bowl, stir together the pecans with the remaining bacon, diced green onions and shredded cheese.
- Pour this mixture on a piece of saran wrap. Place the harden cheese on top.
- Roll the cream cheese into the shape of a ball and roll is over the topping ingredients so the pecans, bacon and cheese cover the entire the ball.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe