This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make this Christmas Cheese Ball for a delicious and easy to make holiday appetizer. The sweet and savory flavors makes it a family favorite.
Cheese ball recipes is my go-to appetizer recipe anytime we are hosting a party. They can be made with a variety of ingredients and shaped in many different ways. We have even made a Football Cheese Ball and and Christmas Tree Cheese Ball for a fun twist.
I love how easy it to serve with our favorite crackers and how delicious it taste. If you are looking for an easy appetizer to impress your guests, make this cheese ball recipe.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
As a mom of 8 kids, we always host our Christmas Eve celebration. I love making Christmas Recipes that are loaded with sweet and savory ingredients.
This Christmas Cheese Ball is beautiful served on a Christmas platter or serve with the best crackers on a charcuterie board.
For the Cheeseball:
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Green Onions (chopped)
For the Topping:
- Chopped Pecans
- Dried Cranberries (chopped)
- Green Onion (chopped)
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe in the recipe card.
- Cheese – This cheese ball can be made with a variety of store bought shredded cheese. Try it with goat cheese, sharp cheddar cheese or white cheddar cheese.
- Nuts – Change out the pecans to slice almonds or chopped walnuts.
- Seasoning – Change the seasoning to fresh herbs such as chopped parsley, rosemary or garlic powder. We like to add in black pepper and kosher salt for added flavor.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Mix the softened cream cheese with the other cheese ball ingredients.
- Step 2 – Place in the fridge and let cool until the cream cheese hardens.
- Step 3 – Stir together the topping ingredients. Pour this mixture on a piece of plastic wrap. Place the hardened cheese mixture on top.
- Step 4 – Roll the cream cheese into the shape of a large ball. Then roll it over the topping ingredients so the pecans, cranberries and green onions cover the entire ball.
- Step 5 – Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Step 6 – Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!
- Cream Cheese – Make sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature, so you can stir it. If needed, soften it in the microwave. You want the texture to be smooth and creamy.
- Chill – After combining the ingredient, we recommend chilling in the fridge. You want the cream cheese to harden.
What to Serve with Cheese Ball:
Serve this cheese ball with Ritz Crackers, Vegetables or Pita Chips. I like to have a variety of crackers and vegetables for a crowd pleasing dip. These are some of our favorites.
- Wheat Thins
- Bell Peppers
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Christmas Cheese Ball Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment or a star review.
Christmas Cheese Ball
For the Cheeseball:
For the Topping:
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries chopped
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened so you can stir it. If needed, soften it in the microwave.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the other cheese ball ingredients.
- Place in the fridge and let cool until the cream cheese hardens.
- Stir together the topping ingredients. Pour this mixture on a piece of plastic wrap. Place the hardened cheese mixture on top.
- Roll the cream cheese into the shape of a ball and roll it over the topping ingredients so the pecans, cranberries and green onions cover the entire ball.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe