This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are needing an easy appetizer, make Baked Brie. This simple recipe only requires 2 ingredients and it is a show stopper appetizer.
Baked Brie Toppings:
If you know me, you know that I like easy recipes. It is the perfect party appetizer and only requires 2 ingredients. It is the best cheese dip and you can add different toppings.
It is quick and easy to make and the perfect appetizer to bring to your next gathering. We love having friends and family over and this is the perfect party food. You might also like our Baked Brie in Crescent Rolls.
Add your favorite crackers and fruit and place it on your favorite platter. This show stopper Baked Brie will have your guest surprised how easy and delicious it is.
You may also love this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry Recipe.
What is Brie Cheese?
Brie is a soft and buttery cheese that is so delicious. There are many different kind of Brie’s that you can purchase. They have mild to pungent and you can eat the rind. Make sure to leave the rind on the cheese while baking it.
Once this cheese is melted it is delicious served with your favorite crackers or fruit.
- Wheel of Brie (12-14 oz)
How to Bake Brie:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Place the brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the honey on top of the brie.
- Step 3 – Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is soft. To make sure that the cheese is done, gently touch the center of the wheel of brie. The cheese should feel very soft in the center.
- Step 4 – Move the cheese to a serving platter. Then serve with crackers and fruit and enjoy.
Do you take the rind off Brie before baking?
Keep the rind on the Brie while baking. It keeps the shape of the cheese and allows it to hold the shape so it doesn’t all melt out. The rind is edible so you can enjoy it with the melted cheese.
After baking you can remove the top layer minutes before serving. Then place the melted cheese in a crusty bread.
Do you Cut Brie to Bake?
If you plan on making a dippable Brie, then you can cut the top of the rind off. Make sure to leave the sides and bottom rind intact. This helps to keep the cheese together while it bakes.
How long to Bake Brie:
You will bake brie for about 15 to 20 minutes. To make sure that the cheese is done, gently touch the center of the wheel of brie. The cheese should feel very soft in the center.
Bake Brie Topping:
The great thing about baking brie is that there are many different toppings that you can add. We recommend adding a sweet topping to the melted cheese.
- Apricot Jam
- Cranberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Raspberry Jam
- Cranberry Sauce
- Diced Apples
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Toasted Nuts such as pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Maple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
Tips for Bake Brie Cheese:
- Choosing the right Brie – You can get a budget friendly Brie or an expensive Brie. Whichever you choose, it will still be delicious with your favorite topping.
- Serve Immediately – Brie is based served as soon as it comes out of the oven. For about 15 minutes you can dip in the melted cheese, but after that you will need to spread with a knife.
- Puff Pastry – Brie wrapped in puff pastry is a delicious way to serve this delicious Brie. This is a delicious option and if you make it this way, there is no need for additional toppings.
What goes with Bake Brie:
There are so many options to serve this Bake Brie. It is the perfect holiday appetizer and looks beautiful on a cheese board. Here are our favorite options:
- Baguette Slices
- Apple Slices
- Pear Slices
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is soft.
Easy Holiday Appetizer:
We love to gather with friends and family for the holidays. Food is always a must and we love to have everyone bring their favorite appetizer. Everyone loved this Bake Brie and it was the first appetizer eaten.
The appetizer is budget friendly and you can add different toppings to really dress it up. We try to place on a holiday platter with our favorite crackers and fruit for an eye pleasing appetizer.
Print Recipe here for Baked Brie:
- 1 Wheel of Brie 12-14 oz
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the honey on top of the brie. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is soft. To make sure that the cheese is done, gently touch the center of the wheel of brie. The cheese should feel very soft in the center.
- Move the cheese to a serving platter. Then serve with crackers and fruit and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe