This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Don’t let cooking pork intimidate you. This easy Skillet BBQ pork chops recipe is so easy in the skillet. It is the perfect weeknight meal.
Skillet bbq pork chops recipe
Oh pork chops… oh how I love you. BBQ Pork chops… oh I love you more. 🙂 I don’t know any one who doesn’t love BBQ, and my love for BBQ just got better with this easy recipe.
I used to be nervous cooking with pork and for some reason it always intimidated me. I’m not sure why, but pork chops screamed “I’m too hard to cook” when I was younger. Anyone else?
Now I know better. Pork chops are so easy to make and they are such a fun and easy weeknight meal.
Dinner is ready in 20 minutes… yep 20 minutes! Plus, the flavor is amazing and the skillet makes it so quick.
Skillet bbq pork chops taste amazing!
The pork is moist and tender with hardly any work at all. You can make this on busy school nights. It really is that easy!
Now for this recipe, you are going to need bbq sauce, but not just any sauce – KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce. You can use any flavor, but we really enjoyed the hickory brown sugar one.
It has a sweet and smokey flavor that pairs nicely with the pork. I promise, you are going to love it.
By the way, did you know that all KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce and marinade varieties are gluten free, except for Caribbean Jerk marinade and Honey Teriyaki marinade? How awesome is that?
Ingredients for easy bbq skillet pork chops:
- drizzle of olive oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 pounds pork chops
How to make bbq pork chops in a skillet:
First, drizzle skillet with olive oil or vegetable oil.
Place pork chops in skillet and sear for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Season with salt and pepper.
Now it is time to flip the pork chops. Season the other side and sear for another 5 minutes.
Add in ½ cup water and ½ up barbeque sauce. Cover and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
Let the pork chops sit a few minutes and then serve. It’s so easy and delicious!
Watch a video belowlearning how to make skillet barbecue porkchops:
Today I thought it would be fun to make a short video on how easy it is to make:
I told you it was easy to make. Look at this pork – beautifully flavored pork chops – perfect for any meal.
What to serve with skillet bbq pork chops?
Enjoy this delicious microwave sweet potato recipe in just 5 minutes.
Check out all our Best Pork Chop Sides.
Make sure you have a good skillet to make this boneless pork chops skillet recipe.
Cast iron is amazing! You can make so many different recipes and they are great for skillet recipes.
If you are not already cooking with one, you should! They are amazing and the food cooks so evenly.
Don’t be hesitant to use cast iron because it really is simple to use and maintain. It cooks the food so evenly and recipes turn out great.
Try skillet porkchops for a great meal this week!
BBQ pork chops are so fast and easy. I love meals like this and my family gets to enjoy a great dinner.
Let us know if you try it!
Print this recipe for cast iron pork chops below:
Easy Skillet BBQ Pork Chops
- 2 pounds pork chops
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- salt and pepper for taste
- Drizzle a skillet with olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Place pork chops in skillet and sear for 5 minutes of medium high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the pork chops. Season the other side and sear for another 5 minutes.
- Add in ½ cup water and ½ cup bbq sauce.
- Cover and simmer on low for 5 – 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Let sit for a few minutes and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy pork chops recipes:
- Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops Recipe
- Crock Pot Pork Chop Dinner with potatoes and carrots
- Crockpot Cowboy Pork Chops Recipe
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
Try these other easy skillet recipes:
- Tex Mex Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Skillet Chicken and Rice Burritos
- Skillet Chicken Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Balsamic Chicken – Easy Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Brown Sugar Skillet Chicken
- Skillet Roasted Red Pepper Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe