I had no idea what to make for dinner one night and I had chicken and a skillet ready to go. I just starred at my pantry and created this chicken. I love our Balsamic chicken recipe which is basically just balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, however we were out of Balsamic vinegar. So…. I tried it with just the brown sugar.
Brown Sugar Skillet Chicken is delicious!
I thought I would share it with you, because it is definitely frugal. 😉 There are only 3 ingredients – brown sugar, water and chicken!
First brown the chicken on both sides. You want to get them nice and brown to where you get the brown crispy stuff on the pan. That makes EXTRA flavor in your sauce. I seasoned with salt and pepper too.
Next dump in your brown sugar and water and stir so the brown sugar melts.
Bring to a small boil – cover with a lid (turn to medium low) and let simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. I also flipped the chicken a few times.
The results were fabulous! It is definitely a delicious chicken coated in a sweet sauce of deliciousness! YUM! From start to finish this chicken was ready in 20 minutes and it was so easy to make!
- 3 - 4 Boneless Skinless chicken breast (Filet them or slice them to chicken tenders)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add in chicken.
- Brown both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Once browned, pour in water and brown sugar.
- Stir until brown sugar dissolves.
- Heat to a low boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Flipping the chicken regularly.
- Serve with your favorite sides.