Everyone will go crazy over this delicious Skillet Roasted Red Pepper Italian Sausage Pasta. The cream sauce infused with red peppers makes for the most flavorful dinner ready in just 20 minutes.
Roasted Red Pepper Italian Sausage Pasta
We eat a ton of chicken and needed to change things up. I had some Italian Sausage and thought it sounded like a great dinner idea. This delicious roasted red pepper and sausage pasta was created spontaneously.
This recipe did not disappoint and the kids even loved it. It is so creamy and delicious!
We all just loved the flavor from the red peppers. Plus, it is so easy to prepare.
This is a must try recipe that is so easy but sure to be a hit with the entire family.
Creamy sausage and pepper pasta gets dinner on the table fast.
In just 20 minutes, you can prepare this delicious pasta dish. Yes, you can really get dinner cooked that quickly!
This meal is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time at all to cook. You can throw it all together in very little time and your family will love this meal.
The roasted red pepper really kicks it up a notch and takes dinner to a new level.
If you like alfredo sauce, you will love this Italian Sausage with roasted red peppers. The sauce is rich and creamy and oh so yummy!
Ingredients for Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- Italian sausage
- Roasted Red Peppers
- minced garlic
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
How to make roasted red pepper Italian sausage pasta:
- Brown the meat. Start by browning the Italian sausage over medium high heat. Make sure you drain any grease!
- Add the butter and garlic. Combine the butter, garlic and onion to the meat. This will smell amazing as it simmers.
- Stir in the broth and heavy cream. This results in a delicious cream sauce everyone will love.
- Cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook according to box instructions until al dente.
- Toss in the cooked pasta. We love to top with a generous portion of Parmesan cheese.
What to serve with sausage pasta
Since the red pepper sauce is so rich and creamy, I like to keep the side dishes light.
- Salad. I like to make a simple side salad and it really balances out the meal.
- Roasted Green Beans. This is very quick and easy to make. The flavor of the roasted veggies combines nicely with the pasta.
- Broccoli. In just minutes, learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish.
Tip for roasted red pepper pasta:
- Skillet. We use a cast iron skillet and it’s perfect for this recipe. I have the Lodge cast iron skillet but you can see all the different brands. You definitely need a large skillet.
- Diced tomatoes. Add an extra can of diced tomatoes if you prefer a heartier base. Tomato sauce is another option to change the flavor a bit.
- Seasoning. Try adding Italian seasoning, extra onions garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
Feel free to adapt the recipe based on preference or what you have on hand. This spicy Italian Sausage dish is a great recipe.
How to store leftovers:
Place leftovers inside an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator up to 4 to 5 days.
This meal stores easily and reheats just as well. If you meal plan, this is an easy dish to make ahead to have readily available for busy nights.
How to freeze:
Place the pasta inside a freezer container. It can be frozen up to 4 to 5 months.
When ready to eat, thaw in the microwave or the oven until the ingredients are heated through.
You may want to add a little broth or water when reheating. I suggest covering with foil when reheating in the oven. This will help to prevent the pasta from drying out.
We like to make 2 dishes. One to enjoy now and one for the freezer. It really doesn’t involve anymore work but is so helpful to have one for later.
You will enjoy the convenience of this on busy school nights.
Sausage red pepper pasta is so quick and easy.
This is one our favorite pasta dishes and super easy. You can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
I’m pretty sure that you can’t get takeout and back home as quick as this recipe. Give it a try for a great dinner any night of the week.
This delicious meal is easy to make and budget friendly. It is a great recipe to stretch your meat budget but still leave everyone satisfied.
Friends and family will enjoy this hearty meal. Make it today for a flavor packed meal.
Print roasted red pepper Italian sausage pasta recipe below:
Skillet Roasted Red Pepper Italian Sausage Pasta
- 2 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 Jar Roasted Red Peppers 12 oz
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound penne cooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet brown the Italian sausage. drain any remaining grease
- Add in the butter, garlic, salt, onion, roasted red peppers and saute until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the broth and heavy cream.
- Heat for 5-10 minutes until warm.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.
- When pasta is headed through, serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other cast iron skillet recipes:
- Tex Mex Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Skillet Chicken and Rice Burritos
- Skillet Chicken Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Where are the red peppers in the recipe?
How do I print book?
Where’s the roasted red pepper? I didn’t see it listed in the ingredients nor mentioned in the instructions.
Where is the roasted Red pepper that was in the title? I don’t see it listed in the ingredients.
What am I missing here? I did not see red pepper mentioned in this recipe anywhere???
Where are the red peppers in the recipe?
I’m confused where are the roasted red peppers used. Don’t see any in the recipe.
I read this recipe 3x and I don’t see where the roasted red peppers come from.
Where are the roasted red peppers?
No where in the ingredients does it call for the red pepper. When is it supposed to be added
Where’s the red pepper?
This red pepper sausage, pasta has no listing in the recipe IIU itself for any roasted peppers. How mu ccx h? What kind? When to add? You suggest adding red peppers too. Is that in addition to the roasted peppers. Please clarify.
Can’t find a red roasted pepper in this recipe. Where did it go? How much?
What kind? Add fresh peppers too?
People are saying they don’t see the red peppers. The ingredients list a 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers and they are added with the butter