I love easy skillet dinners and my quick and easy cast iron skillet chicken fajitas recipe is a family pleaser. I can have dinner ready in 20 minutes. From young and old the entire family loves this recipe.
First you need my homemade taco seasoning. Sure you can buy those ready seasoning mixes, but this taco seasoning recipe is crazy easy to make, cheaper than store bought and to be honest… it taste better too.
Skillet Chicken Fajitas reicpe ingredients
- 3 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 green bell peppers, julienned
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 orange bell peppers, julienned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, julienned
- 1 large Spanish yellow onion, peeled and cut into strips
- 2-3 TBSP canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
- 10 small tortillas
Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas recipe
- Put chicken in a bowl, add the majority of the seasoning on top, stirring to mix.
- Pour canola oil into the cast iron skillet begin to heat on medium.
- Add the seasoned chicken to begin to cook. Continue to cook the chicken until it turns brown and when cut into is no longer pink on the inside.
- Add the peppers and onions. Stir to blend all together.
- Continue to cook until the peppers are tender but not limp.
Here is how we heat up our tortillas:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Wrap the tortillas in groups of five in foil.
-Warm in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
-In groups of five heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or more as needed. (If more is needed heat in segments of 30 seconds each time),
This recipe is so easy to make but tastes amazing. My family loves it. You can also just serve the fajitas in a lettuce wrap or over a bed of rice for a completely different kind of meal. This is so versatile making it a regular in your menu. 🙂