This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas only takes a few ingredients and less than 25 minutes. Enjoy this delicious chicken mixture with tortillas or serve it alone to suit everyone in the family!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
When I think about an easy Mexican meal, Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas instantly comes to mind. Everything is in one pan for a great meal and dinner is just so easy.
The seasoning makes each bite so flavorful and the veggies combine with the chicken to make each bite so delicious.
Throw this meal together for a great dinner with very little work. It is a win all around!
Skip take out and save money when you make sheet pan fajitas chicken.
You will love how frugal this meal is. Enjoy this for the next Taco Tuesday and see how delicious it is.
We save so much money by making amazing meals like this at home. Plus, it is actually quicker than going out.
Take out isn’t always fast and easy meals like this make it quicker to just cook at home. You will save time and money.
Plus, the flavor can’t be beat!
How do you cut chicken breast for fajitas?
Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch thick strips. You might need to slice extra wide strips in half.
Ingredient for healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fajita seasoning (We like to make this homemade fajita seasoning.)
- minced garlic
- olive oil
- red , green and yellow bell peppers
- yellow onion
- fresh limes
- chopped cilantro
With just a few simple ingredients, this comes together for amazing fajitas.
How do you make sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe:
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or cover with foil.
Place chicken strips in a large bowl. Season with fajita seasoning and garlic.
Place the chicken on a baking sheet. Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto the baking sheet.
Drizzle olive oil over top. Season with salt and then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping.
Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 – 25 minutes
What goes with fajitas?
Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
Drizzle lime juice evenly over top of the shrimp fajita filling, sprinkle with cilantro and more salt to taste and toss to coat.
Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with desired toppings. Serve with more lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
We also like hot sauce. Yum!
You can try making the Best Flour Tortilla Recipe if you have a few extra minutes. Corn tortillas would also be yummy.
We also like these handy tortilla warmers. They are awesome because you heat up your tortillas in 45 seconds in the microwave and then they are warm for an hour.
If you have a big family like I do, these are especially handy to keep several warm at once. That is nice so no one in the family has cold tortillas with their dinner.
You can easily make sheet pan chicken fajitas keto friendly.
If you are eating low carb, simply skip the flour tortillas and eat the chicken mixture alone. It would also be good on top of a salad.
Both of these options are easy and allow everyone in the family to enjoy sheet pan chicken fajitas.
No one has time to cook multiple meals so this makes it so easy. Whether you are eating low carb or your kids love all the tortillas, this recipe is versatile.
Give it a try and see how delicious and easy it is. Plus, it really is so quick to make.
What sides to serve with chicken fajitas?
- Easy Spanish Rice Recipe
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- Check out all our 25 of the Best Sides for Fajitas
There are lots of tasty and easy options to try. See our Fajita Toppings.
Try more sheet pan chicken fajitas options:
Another option is to make a taco salad or fajita bowl with the chicken and veggies mixture. You can make these easy homemade taco bowls and have delicious taco salads that are so flavorful with this steak.
The chicken and bell peppers are delicious served over rice. Make it even quicker and learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even simpler. Diced tomatoes are also delicious with this mixture.
I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to reheat and serve with this the steak.
We do this for lots of meals and it helps put together a quick meal.
You might also like Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe for another great meal idea.
We love making our own fajita seasoning.
If you are like us and use a ton of fajita seasoning, stop buying those packets and make your own.
My family used to buy them but we finally started making our own at home. The cost of these packets can add up over time and really you are paying for convenience in a package.
I think it is so much better to make your own so you know everything that is in it. You won’t find any hard to pronounce ingredients in this homemade version.
It is so easy and the seasoning works great in recipes. It is so easy and has tons of flavor.
Print this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe below:
Sheet pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips (slice extra wide strips in half)
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning https://www.eatingonadime.com/homemade-fajita-seasoning/
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 of each red, green and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion halved and sliced from top to root
- 2 fresh limes juiced
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray an 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Or cover with foil
- Place chicken strips in a large bowl. Season with fajita seasoning and garlic. Place the chicken on a baking sheet.
- Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over top. Season with salt and then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping.
- Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 – 25 minutes
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
- Drizzle lime juice evenly over top of the chicken fajita filling, sprinkle with cilantro and more salt to taste and toss to coat.
- Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with desired toppings. Serve iwth more lime wedges ad fresh cilantro.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Sheet pan balsamic chicken is a one pan meal with everything you need for a complete dinner.