This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Sheet pan balsamic chicken is a one pan meal with everything you need for a complete dinner. Enjoy balsamic chicken and tender veggies for the best dinner in minutes and hardly any clean up.
Sheet pan balsamic chicken
Sheet pan dinners are so easy and this Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken does not disappoint. You can cook an entire meal for your family to enjoy in just minutes.
No need for a bunch of different pots and pans because it all goes on the sheet pan. This means less clean up which is always a good thing. 🙂
Balsamic chicken has very few ingredients so this is not complicated at all. This is literally so simple!
The kids love this and the entire family enjoys this meal. The veggies get so tender and glazed from the delicious sauce.
Even my kids that are not huge fans of veggies will eat them without fuss thanks to this delicious balsamic glaze.
What to serve with sheet pan balsamic chicken?
The beauty of this recipe is that it is truly a one pan dinner. There isn’t any need to serve anything else with it!
You have everything for a great meal on the sheet pan. Lots of delicious chicken and veggies make the best meal.
We actually freeze garlic bread to use with meals like this. It takes little time and saves us a bunch of money.
What ingredients do you need to make sheet pan balsamic chicken?
- boneless skinless chicken breasts filet and pounded to even thickness
- carrots, peeled and chopped
- baby gold potatoes (I like to use fingerling potatoes sliced in half)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- dried basil
- dried thyme
- balsamic vinegar
- brown sugar
- Parmesan cheese
How to make balsamic chicken and vegetables:
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on one third of a greased sheet pan.
Place chicken on one third of the pan, and then the carrots on the remaining third.
Next, drizzle the oil over the potatoes, chicken, and carrots. Rub the oil over the chicken with your fingertips making sure everything is well coated.
Season with all the seasonings.
In a sauce pan bring balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes until reduced by half.
Spoon half of the balsamic sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the potatoes.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and carrots and potatoes are tender.
5 minutes before the chicken is done – add the asparagus with the carrots. You don’t want to over cook your asparagus so make sure to not add them until the last few minutes.
Adding them too soon will make your asparagus soggy which you definitely do not want.
Drizzle remaining balsamic sauce (it should be slightly thickened now after cooling) over the chicken and vegetables.
Cook until asparagus is tender.
Remove from oven and serve. Feel to top with more Parmesans cheese before serving. Yum!
Jump to recipe at the bottom to get the full instructions.
Other ideas to try with Sheet pan balsamic chicken:
- Use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes for another delicious idea.
- Substitute green beans for the asparagus. Yum!
- Add red onion and bell pepper.
- Try using chicken thighs instead of the chicken breasts.
- Red potatoes are also great in this recipe.
There are lots of options and so many tasty ideas to try!
Sheet Pan balsamic chicken is so versatile.
This delicious marinade is also great with chicken thighs. We have cooked both and it was so delicious.
The veggies can easily be mixed up based on what you have or can get on sale at the grocery store.
Just use what you have. We often use what we have in the freezer or what is on sale that week.By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget.
Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished. Everyone loves this delicious dish so it is on our permanent menu plan rotation.
I try to keep chicken in the freezer. Anytime I spot a sale, I grab it and freeze it.
It is so nice always having things to use and knowing that I got a good deal on it. It is a win all around.
Since this meal is so easy to change or adapt to what you have on hand, it will save you time and money. In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget. Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
Plus, being able to throw this together quickly and easily really helps to avoid the temptation of getting take out. Everyone is much happier with a delicious home cooked meal anyway.
Take out these days is not that fast and costs a small fortune. It is even more if you have 8 kids like I do.
It is quick and easy and our family loved it. The chicken and vegetables are amazing.
Make sheet pan balsamic chicken this week!
The brown sugar and balsamic vinegar give the chicken such an amazing flavor. I just love the balsamic glaze!
I seriously could eat it by the spoonful. It is that delicious!
Whether you use chicken thighs or chicken breasts, it is so delicious and a great chicken recipe. Our family loves this!
Try balsamic chicken and let us know if your family loved this recipe. It is favorite around here.
The chicken and veggies are cooked in less than 30 minutes and taste so tender and delicious. You can also try using honey for a delicious honey balsamic recipe.
You can’t go wrong with this meal and it just has the best flavor.
Print this sheet pan balsamic chicken dinner below:
Sheet pan Balsamic Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts filet and pounded to even thickness (enough chicken or 6 people
- 1 pound carrots peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds baby gold potatoes I like to use fingerling potatoes sliced in half chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on one third of a greased sheet pan. Place chicken on one third of the pan, and then the carrots on the remaining third.
- Drizzle the oil over the potatoes, chicken, and carrots. Rub the oil over the chicken with your fingertips. Season with all the seasonings.
- In a sauce pan bring balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes until reduced by half.
- Spoon half of the balsamic sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the potatoes. Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and carrots and potatoes are tender. 5 minutes before the chicken is done – add the asparagus with the carrots.
- Drizzle remaining balsamic sauce (it should be slightly thickened now after cooling) over the chicken and carrots/aspragus. Cook until asparagus is tender.
- Remove from oven and serve – I like to serve with more parmesans cheese and rolls.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe