Sweet and tangy and easy to make, this recipe for Balsamic Chicken Caprese Sliders will steal the show. From parties to family dinner, the crockpot does all the work to make chicken sliders quick and easy.
Balsamic chicken caprese sliders
If you liked my Grilled Balsamic Chicken recipe then you will love this new recipe for sliders. I basically threw all the stuff in that recipe into a crockpot. Just shred the chicken and serve it on buns! Easy right?
My family and I LOVED the sweet and tangy taste to the chicken. In fact, we are thinking about serving it on rice next time and giving that a try.
You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious dinner idea. This is perfect to serve at the Super Bowl party, a potluck, or any weeknight meal. It is just so easy.
If your family loves this recipe, be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.
I know that there are only a few ingredients to this recipe, but it will taste like you spent hours on this dinner. Instead, you let your crockpot do all the work.
This is the perfect meal to enjoy during busy weeknights or when you need something easy but fabulous for a party. Spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your friends and family!
I love saving time and money!
- Chicken Breasts
- Diced Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Basil
- For Serving:
- Small Buns (I used Ciabatta buns but any will work)
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Roma Tomato sliced
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese sliced into 6 pieces
- Balsamic Vinegar
How to make balsamic chicken sliders:
- First, place the chicken, diced tomatoes, red onions, balsamic vinegar, garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper in a 6 quart crock pot. It is that simple!
- Next, just put the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Finally, shred the chicken and stir it back into that delicious sauce in the crock pot.
- You can make the sliders by putting the chicken on the buns with sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. The last step is to drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top.
Tips for crock pot chicken caprese sliders:
- I really love my Ninja cooker. This is a handy slow cooking system that also allows you to brown meat in the same pot.
- If you are going to be away all day, try this programmable crock pot . So handy!
- Crock pot liners – These make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
More ideas for Balsamic chicken sliders:
- Low Carb option: We love serving this delicious chicken on buns but it’s great served by itself topped with the tomato, mozzarella cheese and basil for a lower carb meal.
- Meat free option: Do you have people that don’t eat chicken? Serve this without the meat for a delicious slider full of tomato, mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinegar
- Salad: Skip the buns and turn this chicken into a salad. Make your salad as normal and top with the shredded chicken and balsamic.
- Subs: If you have people with heartier appetites, use sub rolls instead of sliders.
- Chicken thighs– We have used chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts and it was still delicious. You can also mix both together. Feel free to use what is on sale or that you already have on hand.
Try chicken caprese sliders!
Print the recipe for Balsamic chicken caprese sliders:
- 2 lb Chicken Breasts approximately 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1 Diced Tomatoes can 14.5 oz
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- For Serving:
- 6 Small Buns (I used Ciabatta buns but any will work)
- 12 Fresh Basil leaves
- 1 Roma Tomato sliced
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese sliced into 6 pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Place the chicken, diced tomatoes, red onions, balsamic vinegar, garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper in a 6 quart crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Shred the chicken and mix it into the sauce in the crock pot.
Place the chicken on the buns, top with the sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
We love serving this delicious chicken on buns but it’s great served by itself topped with the tomato, mozzarella cheese and basil for a lower carb meal.