Crock pot chicken fajita pasta recipe is a one pot meal that has everything you need for a delicious dinner. If you love fajitas, this creamy pasta will be a hit and the slow cooker does all of the work!
Crock pot chicken fajita pasta recipe
We love fajitas but sometimes it isn’t possible to make them due to busy schedules. This easy crock pot chicken fajita pasta recipe is the solution!
You can enjoy all that you love about fajitas in a simple to make crock pot meal. This meal is perfect to serve on days you need to be able to come home to dinner ready to enjoy.
Lots of tender chicken, veggies and seasoning make this taste like fajitas but in a simple pasta dish. So easy!
Make sure you have a good crock pot to make this easy one pot chicken fajita pasta!
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
Let’s make slow cooker chicken fajita pasta!
Ingredients needed for slow cooker chicken fajita pasta:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- Taco seasoning (We like this Homemade Taco seasoning.)
- onion, diced
- bell peppers, diced (one red and one green)
- minced garlic or you can use garlic powder
- diced tomatoes with green chilis
- chicken broth or chicken stock
- penne pasta, cooked
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings, avocados, diced tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla strips
How to make crock pot chicken fajita pasta:
In a crock pot, combine everything but the pasta and the cheese.
Cook for 6 hours on low or until the chicken is tender.
Stir in the cooked pasta and cheese.
Top with your favorite toppings
Time Saving Tip:
This recipe calls for onion andbell peppers. Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the bell peppers.
If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have children that are picky.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
Crock pot chicken fajita pasta is an easy and frugal meal!
The pasta helps to stretch the chicken and is great to reduce your grocery budget. The flavors combine for a great meal and we love to make this for our family.
This is one of those meals that everyone loves and you simply can’t go wrong! It is that yummy.
We used penne pasta but you can use whatever you prefer or have on hand in the pantry. Anything will taste amazing.
Print this recipe for crock pot chicken fajita pasta:
Crock pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- ½ onion diced
- 1 bell peppers diced (one red and one green)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis 10 oz
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz penne pasta cooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings avocados, diced tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla strips
- In a crock pot combine everything but that pasta and the cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and cheese.
- Top with your favorite toppings
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Mexican Monday just got easier thanks to Chicken Chimichangas in the crock pot.
Creamy chicken pasta takes only 20 minutes for the best skillet dinner.