This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Beef Burrito Recipe is a delicious grab and go meal making it perfect for busy weeknights but special enough for family dinner any night of the week. Loaded with beef, rice, beans and tons of cheese, your family will go crazy over these freezer friendly hearty burritos.
Beef Burrito Recipe
Skillet meals are some of my favorite recipes to cook. They come together quickly and taste amazing.
You can cook this meal in a matter of minutes making it such a big help when you are running from work to school and activities. You can also wrap these burritos up with some wax paper and foil and take them on the go!
We have taken these burritos to sporting events and more. Not only does it save on take out but everyone gets to enjoy a really delicious meal.
Layers of delicious rice, refried beans, meat and more make this amazing. Everyone will love these.
Skillet beef burrito recipe is frugal!
The rice and refried beans really help to stretch the ground beef making this meal budget friendly. We love meals like this!
Not only is it delicious but so frugal. If you are looking to make your meat go further, this is a great recipe to try and everyone will love it.
Learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier. I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to made burritos.
We do this for lots of meals and it helps put together a quick meal. If you are not freezing rice, you should be.
Another tip is to learn how to make refried beans in the crockpot. You will save so much money plus Crock Pot Refried Beans taste amazing.
Little tips like these add up to big savings. Not just in your wallet but in your time.
Easy beef burrito topping ideas:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- green onion
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- hot sauce
- jalapeno peppers
What to serve with easy beef burritos:
Variation ideas: I
- Try ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- We also love chicken and rice burritos. Burrito recipe chicken is also tasty.
- Add black or pinto beans to the meat mixture.
- Omit the meat for the perfect meatless monday dish.
- Add bell peppers with the onion.
- Try Corn tortillas instead of flour.
- Serve the mixture in homemade taco bowls and make a taco salad.
- Omit the rice and serve over lettuce for a low carb option.
- Make nachos with the leftovers. Yum!
- Make a burrito bowl.
- Try adding enchilada sauce to the meat and mexican rice mixture.
With so many amazing options for this mexican burrito recipe, you will never get bored of this meal. I love that it is so easy to modify.
These are the best beef burritos!
Ingredients for beef and bean burrito recipe:
- ground beef
- taco seasoning (we make homemade taco seasoning)
- onion, finely diced
- flour tortillas
- refried beans (Try easy Crock Pot Refried Beans.)
- cooked rice
- roma tomatoes
- red onion
- iceberg lettuce
- cheddar cheese
How to make beef burrito with rice and beans:
First, brown the ground beef for this beef and rice burrito recipe.
Stir in the taco seasoning, salt, rotel and the onion and water until the onion is soft.
Give everything a good stir.
Once the flavors are combined, remove from heat and set aside. You don’t want to fill the burrito when the meat is still steaming or the burrito will be soggy.
In another pan heat up the refried beans and get ready to assemble the burritos.
Place a burrito on a work surface. Spread with refried beans.
Next, add the rice and then a little of the meat mixture on top.
Finally, top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and red onion.
Fold the ends in and roll up.
Serve with our favorite hot sauce or salsa.
what to serve with Burritos
Your family will really enjoy this beef and bean burrito recipe.
How to freeze beef burritos:
Just a note- I omit the lettuce if freezing. You can add that when ready to eat.
You will love having individually wrapped burritos for quick meals during the week. It is so handy and also really great for lunches too.
Time saving tip
Have you tried making homemade taco seasoning?
I love making my own taco seasoning. We use it all the time.
I love not having to wonder about hidden ingredients or what I am feeding my family. Plus, it is so easy to make and tastes much better than those store bought seasoning packets.
Print restaurant style ground beef burrito recipe:
Beef Burrito Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can rotel
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 large soft flour tortillas burrito size
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 roma tomatoes deseeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- First, brown the ground beef.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, salt, rotel and the onion and water until the onion is soft. Once the flavors are combined, remove from heat and set aside. You don’t want to fill the burrito when the meat is still steaming or the burrito will be soggy.
- In another pan heat up the refried beans.
- Begin assembling the burritos.
- Place a burrito on a work surface. Spread with refried beans.
- Next, add the rice and then a little of the meat mixture on top.
- Finally, top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and red onion.
- Fold the ends in and roll up.
- Serve with our favorite hot sauce or salsa.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Mexican recipes to try:
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crock pot smothered burritos
- Easy Mexican Casserole
- Beef and Bean Chimichangas
- Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Easy Baked Enchilada Chicken Recipe
- Gluten Free Crock pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe