This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Honey mustard chicken recipe is sweet and tangy while being so easy to prepare. Get dinner on the table in just 15 minutes and your family will love this meal.
Honey mustard chicken recipe is a must try!
I have a delicious dinner idea for you… it is crazy easy I can barely call it a recipe. Well I’m going to, but it is really that easy.
I was alone with 9 kids and I didn’t want to order in pizza and really wanted to make a quick and easy dinner. After thinking for a few minutes this skillet Honey Mustard chicken recipe was born.
In 15 minutes this delicious dinner was ready and the kids devoured it – I mean devoured it. Now I didn’t tell them it was made with mustard because a few might have refused. They all loved it and requested it be put on the regular dinner rotation.
Win for mom! Not only was this so tasty but we saved money too by eating at home. Plus, I’m pretty sure that it was faster than takeout.
- Mustard (you can use brown, regular, or djion mustard – any will work great)
- salt and pepper
How to make honey mustard chicken:
First, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Once this reaches medium high heat, add the chicken breasts and season with the salt and pepper.
Second, brown the chicken on each side. This only takes a few minutes on each side. Usually in about 5 minutes each side is golden brown.
Next, get a small mixing bowl. Whisk together the mustard, Dijon mustard, honey and butter. Once this is well combined, pour the honey mustard mixture all over the chicken in the pan.
Now add the water to the pan.
Finally, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes covered. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
At this point, I like to uncover the pan and cook for a few more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Easy Honey Mustard sauce is delicious!
This dinner is packed with flavor, which is crazy because the ingredients are so simple. We just love the flavor of this easy honey mustard sauce for chicken and the kids went crazy over it.
Now if you need a skillet, I highly recommend this big and deep skillet. It is great when you are cooking for a big family.
I also serve it with our weeknight macaroni and cheese and my microwave broccoli. Seriously… from start to finish I had dinner on the table in 20 minutes. Of course, it only took 5 minutes for it all to be eaten.
Crock pot honey mustard chicken:
You can easily turn this recipe into a crock pot honey mustard chicken recipe just by throwing all the ingredients into your favorite crock pot. I would cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Then I would shred and serve on a bed of brown rice. I know that this would be amazing too!
This option is so handy if you plan to be away all day. Come home to dinner ready!
More ideas to try:
- This recipe would also be delicious with chicken thighs or chicken legs. We also like chicken tenderloin.
- Use what you already have or can get on sale.
Print this honey mustard chicken recipe below:
Skillet Honey Mustard Chicken – 15 minute dinner
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts, season with the salt and pepper. Brown each side of the chicken breasts for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Then in a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, dijon mustard, honey and butter.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture over the chicken in the pan. Then add the water to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal chicken of 165 degrees F.
- Uncover and cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Serve the chicken with the ser
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy skillet recipes:
- Quick Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
- Skillet Beef Burrito Recipe with rice and beans
- Beef and Macaroni Skillet Dinner
- Tex Mex Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Easy Chicken Risotto Recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Balsamic Chicken – Easy Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Brown Sugar Skillet Chicken
- Moroccan Chicken