This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Gluten Free Hamburger Casserole Recipe is going to be a big hit with your entire family! The cheese and the creaminess of the soup is out of this world!
Gluten Free Hamburger Casserole Recipe
Get dinner on the table fast. This casserole is the perfect dinner idea for busy weeknights. It is delicious and one of our favorite comfort food dishes.
We use this gluten free mushroom soup and it’s really amazing in this dish. My family has been enjoying the regular (non gluten free) version of Hamburger Casserole for years. They can’t tell the difference in this gluten free recipe at all! In fact, I doubt you can either.
Seriously no one will miss the gluten! It is that good and much better than those box mixes of hamburger helper.
Serve it with a simple side salad and you have a really simple but amazing easy gluten free recipes your family will love.
Let’s get started making this casserole!
I promise everyone is going to want this again and again. Just go ahead and put it on the normal menu plan rotation. You can thank me later.
- small potatoes – You can also use frozen tater tots and make tater tot casserole.
- ground beef – browned (Sometimes we add onion and diced tomatoes to the ground beef.)
- cans of gluten free cream of mushroom soup
- shredded cheese (I used cheddar but any type of cheese would be tasty. Colby is also amazing.)
How to make gluten free hamburger casserole:
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is warming up, brown your ground beef and set aside.
Second, peel and slice the potatoes and set those aside. We use this easy mandoline slicer to cut our potatoes quickly. It is such a time saver.
Next, in a mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup with the milk, salt and pepper. Mix all of this together well and set aside for later.
You will need a 9×13 baking dish. Go ahead and spray it with cooking spray. This will help to make cleanup much easier.
It’s time to start putting everything together. Layer the potatoes, beef, soup, and cheese. Repeat this layer again. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Finally, cover the casserole dish with foil and bake.
I like to remove the foil for the last 30 minutes. Finish baking until the potatoes are fork tender.
Let the hamburger casserole sit for 10 minutes before cutting and serving. This will allow time for it to set and make it easier to cut. Cutting it too soon will be messy so don’t skip this step.
You are going to love this gluten free hamburger casserole.
It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner when you have activities and so much going on! Everyone will love it. Plus, I promise that your gluten loving family won’t even notice that it is missing.
Enjoy! Once you try it, you will see why it is the best comfort food.
My kids beg for this meal to be on the menu plan on a regular basis. We all really enjoy it. Another plus is how easy this recipe stretches the ground beef.
You can definitely feed a family on a budget and still eat really well with recipes like this.
Print this gluten free hamburger casserole recipe:
Gluten Free Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown your ground beef, drain and set aside
- Peel and slice potatoes and set aside.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soups, milk, salt and pepper
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Layer half of the potatoes, beef, soup, and cheese in the 9X13 pan. Then repeat. Make sure that your last layer is the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil from the pan and bake another 30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes at room temperature for the sauce to thicken. Then cut and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe