I know that the picture may be deceiving, but this is not your ordinary waffles. It may look like a waffle, but it is in fact…. CAKE!!
Yes, you can get that delicious and moist cake you have been craving in a matter of minutes. No more heating up your kitchen in the middle of Summer or waiting 20 minutes for the satisfaction of delicious cake. Instead… Make Cake Mix Waffles.
If you like these, try Cinnamon Roll Waffles! They are SO good!
They are easy as it sounds. Basically you use a cake mix in your waffle maker. It really is that easy!
See how fun these are to make on my video:
- 1 cake mix (any flavor)
- oil, water and egg according to the cake mix package
Step 1: Prepare your Cake mix as directed.
I used a white cake mix, because that is what I had on hand, but you could use any flavor. I am thinking chocolate and even lemon would be wonderful!
Step 2: Heat up your waffle maker and spray with nonstick spray.
Step 3: Pour cake batter in waffle maker.
Be careful not to fill it up too much. It expands quite a bit.
Step 4: Allow it to cook for about 3-4 minutes.
It doesn’t take long, and you can enjoy a delicious cake! Top it with some icing, whipped topping, or eat it plain.
You can also mix in some additions for an extra treat!
We tried Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch chips and they were a hit.
To be honest… butterscotch chips were my absolute favorite. In fact… I may have loved it a bit too much. 😉
Here are a few more ideas that you could create:
- Chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips
- Chocolate cake mix with butterscotch chips
- Chocolate cake mix with caramel drizzled on top
- Lemon cake mix
- Strawberry cake mix
- White cake mix with chocolate chips
- White cake mix with caramel drizzled on top
- White cake mix with butterscotch chips
- White Cake mix with sprinkles mixed into the batter (the kids will love this!)
Ok… that is enough. I am officially hungry! 😉 What I ideas do you have to make?
Have fun making your cake mix waffles!!
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE WITH CAKE MIX is another delicious dessert to try that looks fancy but is so simple to make.
Try more cake mix recipes:
- Cake mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to make Cookie cake with Cake mix
- Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookie Bars