This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy cake in minutes when you make this easy recipe for Cake mix waffles. This recipe is super easy and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Being a mom of 8, I love to celebrate my kids birthday. I enjoy making them their favorite breakfast recipe and surprising them with this cake batter waffles. It puts a smile on their face and makes them feel so special.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
If you are looking for the easy breakfast idea to celebrate someone special for their birthday breakfast, make this birthday cake waffle recipe.
Make it with their favorite cake mix for a delicious dessert or breakfast idea.
- Cake mix (any flavor)
- Oil, water and egg according to the cake mix package
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
Waffle Cake Flavor Variations Ideas
Feel free to change the cake mix to what you prefer. Here is some fun variations and combinations.
- Chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips
- White cake mix with chocolate chips
- Chocolate cake mix with butterscotch chips
- Lemon cake mix
- White cake mix with caramel drizzled on top
- Chocolate cake mix with caramel drizzled on top
- Strawberry cake mix
- White cake mix with butterscotch chips
- White Cake mix with sprinkles mixed into the batter (the kids will love this!)
- Spice Cake
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Prepare your Cake mix as directed. I used a white cake mix, because that is what I had on hand, but you could use any flavor. I am thinking chocolate and even lemon would be wonderful.
- Step 2 – Heat up your waffle maker and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3 – Pour cake batter in waffle iron and close. Be careful not to fill it up too much. It expands quite a bit.
- Step 4 – Allow it to cook for about 3-4 minutes.
It doesn’t take long, and you can enjoy a delicious cake.
- Ingredients – For best results, make sure your cake mix has not expired. Use fresh ingredients.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the cake mix and the additional ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure to mix until just combined.
- Pouring Batter – When adding the batter to the waffle iron make sure to not overfill. It could make a mess down the side of the waffle maker.
Top it with some icing, whipped topping, or eat it plain. We have even topped it with a scoop of ice cream. Here are some other family favorite toppings
- Rainbow Spinkles
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. These waffles will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Yes, this is a great recipe to make ahead of time. Store in a freeze safe container or a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until heated through.
Try More Cake Mix Recipes
- Cake mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to make Cookie cake with Cake mix
- Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Cake Mix Chocolate chip cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix cookies
- Cake Mix Waffles
- Lemon Cool Whip cookies
- Strawberry Cookies
We love hearing from you. If you make this Cake Mix Waffles Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Cake Mix Waffles
- 1 cake mix any flavor
- oil, water, and egg according to the cake mix package
- Prepare your Cake mix as directed.
- I used a white cake mix, because that is what I had on hand, but you could use any flavor. I am thinking chocolate and even lemon would be wonderful!
- Heat up your waffle maker and spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour cake batter in waffle maker. Be careful not to fill it up too much. It expands quite a bit.
- Allow it to cook for about 3-4 minutes. It doesn’t take long, and you can enjoy a delicious cake!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe