This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy cake in minutes when you make this easy recipe for Cake mix waffles. This recipe is super easy and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Cake mix waffles
I know that the picture may be deceiving, but this is not your ordinary waffles. It may look like a waffle, but it is in fact…. CAKE!!
Yes, you can get that delicious and moist cake you have been craving in a matter of minutes. No more heating up your kitchen in the middle of Summer or waiting 20 minutes for the satisfaction of delicious cake. Instead… Make Cake Mix Waffles.
They are easy as it sounds. Basically you use a cake mix in your waffle maker. It really is that easy!
See how fun these are to make on my video:
Ingredients for cake waffles:
- 1 cake mix (any flavor)
- oil, water and egg according to the cake mix package
How to make cake mix waffles:
Step 1: Prepare your Cake mix as directed.
I used a white cake mix, because that is what I had on hand, but you could use any flavor. I am thinking chocolate and even lemon would be wonderful!
Step 2: Heat up your waffle maker and spray with nonstick spray.
Step 3: Pour cake batter in waffle maker.
Be careful not to fill it up too much. It expands quite a bit.
Step 4: Allow it to cook for about 3-4 minutes.
It doesn’t take long, and you can enjoy a delicious cake!
Cake mix waffle topping ideas:
Top it with some icing, whipped topping, or eat it plain. We have even topped it with ice cream!
You can also mix in some additions for an extra treat! We tried Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch chips and they were a hit.
To be honest… butterscotch chips were my absolute favorite. In fact… I may have loved it a bit too much. 😉
Now you know how to make a waffle cake!
Waffle cake flavor ideas:
- Chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips
- White cake mix with chocolate chips
- Chocolate cake mix with butterscotch chips
- Lemon cake mix
- White cake mix with caramel drizzled on top
- Chocolate cake mix with caramel drizzled on top
- Strawberry cake mix
- White cake mix with butterscotch chips
- White Cake mix with sprinkles mixed into the batter (the kids will love this!)
Ok… that is enough. I am officially hungry! 😉
What waffle cake ideas do you have to make?
Have fun making your cake mix waffles!!
Print this recipe for cake mix waffles below:
Cake Mix Waffles
- 1 cake mix any flavor
- oil, water, and egg according to the cake mix package
- Prepare your Cake mix as directed.
- I used a white cake mix, because that is what I had on hand, but you could use any flavor. I am thinking chocolate and even lemon would be wonderful!
- Heat up your waffle maker and spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour cake batter in waffle maker. Be careful not to fill it up too much. It expands quite a bit.
- Allow it to cook for about 3-4 minutes. It doesn’t take long, and you can enjoy a delicious cake!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE WITH CAKE MIX is another delicious dessert to try that looks fancy but is so simple to make.
Try more cake mix recipes:
- Cake mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to make Cookie cake with Cake mix
- Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Cake Mix Chocolate chip cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix cookies
- Cake Mix Waffles
- Lemon Cool Whip cookies
- Strawberry Cookies