I’m so excited to share with you the best Chocolate Chip cookie Cake recipe. Seriously… we love this stuff. We have a secret tip though. Well… maybe it isn’t so secret, but let’s pretend it is. 🙂 I’m using a cake mix! This makes my life to much easier because you don’t need a ton of ingredients to make it, and the kids can even help.
Let’s talk about how to make Cookie cake with Cake mix.You need a cake mix… obviously. For this recipe, we are using a yellow cake mix, but you can use any flavor you want. In a previous cake mix recipe, we used a chocolate cake mix to make Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookie bars. Those are so good!
Ok, back to this chocolate chip cookie cake recipe.
Ingredients you need:
- 1 Yellow Cake mix
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (you could try m&ms too!)
- 9×13 pan (I love the Wilton Cake mix that is on sale here)
How to make Cookie cake with Cake mix:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the chocolate chips (or m&ms).
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- Press the batter into the pan – you will have to press it out.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting (or they will fall apart!)
My kids call this the best cookie cake recipe!
We really do love this easy cookie cake recipe and we do call it the best cookie cake recipe too because it is so easy to make and very versatile. You can take a single recipe and make it your own with a few variations.
More ideas for cookie bars using cake mix:
I thought I would give you a few variations that you can make different cookie bars using cake mix.
- Yellow cake mix with m&ms
- Yellow cake mix with reese’s pieces
- Chocolate cake mix with reese’s pieces
- Chocolate cake mix with butterscotch
- Chocolate cake mix with m&ms
- Chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips
- Chocolate cake mix with regular chocolate chips
Can you tell I’m craving me some more cake mix bars? 🙂
Now since you are on this site and you know I love to save money I thought you would want a cost breakdown.
Cake Mix = about $1 (cheaper if you use coupons. I often get them for as low as $.25 with coupons)
Oil = about $.25 (maybe less)
Chocolate chips – less than $.50 (look for sales, because I often get them on sale and store then in the freezer)
eggs = $.33 (assuming you got a dozen for $2 – you can often get them much cheaper than that)
Grand total is…. $2.08 (or less) for a batch of these delicious cookie bars. That is much cheaper than buying them in the store for probably $4 or more. That is a savings of half off people… without even using coupons.
Now that you know how to make Cookie cake with Cake mix, you can head home and get messy in the kitchen with your kids. Try a few different variations and come back and let us know what you will make.