This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy a decadent and easy treat for breakfast when you make this Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe. Throw this together in minutes for muffins that taste like you brought them home from the bakery.
Being a mom of 8, I love making homemade muffins for a quick breakfast in the morning. These bakery style muffins are sure to make your mornings easier.
Table of Contents
Why You Will Love this Recipe:
Make this chocolate chip muffin recipe easy by making ahead of time. They are loaded with flavor and perfect for breakfast, brunch or an after school snack.
If you are a baker, you probably already have all the ingredients. I love the way the muffins have a soft texture and have the perfect amount of chocolate taste.
This is the best chocolate chip muffin recipe and always a family favorite.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Coarse Sugar (Optional but so tasty.)
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Muffins Variations:
- Chocolate Chips – We used mini chocolate chips in this recipe but you can use regular chocolate chips. White chocolate chips is another delicious addition.
- Add Nuts – If you love chopped nuts in your muffins, add in chopped pecans or walnuts for a delicious variation.
- Bananas – Banana muffins are a delicious option to this muffin recipe.
- Brown Sugar – If you prefer you can do half granulated sugar and half light brown sugar.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – First, preheat oven to 375.
- Step 2 – Prepare Muffin Pan – Next, spray muffin tins and get the pans ready with vegetable oil.
- Step 3 – Combine Dry Ingredients – Mix together dry ingredients, flour and salt and set aside. This includes baking powder or baking soda.
- Step 4 – Combine Butter and Sugar – Now mix melted butter and sugar. Stir until well blended.
- Step 5 – Add Eggs – Add eggs one at a time and mix eggs, milk and wet ingredients together well.
- Step 6 – Add in Milk – Slowly mix in milk and vanilla to the butter mixture in a large bowl.
- Step 7 – Stir in Wet and Dry Ingredients – Gradually add dry ingredients, stirring until it is all mixed in. Just be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Step 8 – Mix in Chocolate Chips – Gently mix in 2 cups of chocolate chips to the muffin batter.
- Step 9 – Full Muffin Cups – Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if using on muffin top.
- Step 10 – Bake Muffins – Bake until lightly golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Bake muffins in a single layer in the oven.
- Step 11 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve muffins with your favorite coffee for a delicious breakfast or brunch
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Muffin Pan – Place paper liners muffin cups in the muffin pan or spray muffin pan with cooking spray. This makes for an easy cleanup and easy to serve.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the ingredients until mixed together. Make sure to not overmix the batter or it could change the texture of the muffins.
- Filling Muffin Cups – Make sure to only fill the muffin cups about ¾ cup full. You do not want to overfull as they will rise when the muffins bake. We recommend using an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into the muffin tin.
- Baking Muffins – Bake the muffins for about 15 minutes. Cooking time will vary but they should bake until golden brown. Insert knife or toothpick in center to check if muffins are done cooking. If comes out clean, then muffins are done cooking.
How to Freeze Chocolate Chip Muffins:
These chocolate chip muffins freeze great. Make sure they are at room temperature before storing. Place the bakery-style chocolate chip muffins in a freeze safe container.
If stored properly the muffins will last about 2 months in the freezer. When ready to serve, allow the muffins to thaw on the counter then serve.
Frequently Asked Questions:
These homemade chocolate chip muffins are a family favorite and delicious with your morning coffee. The tall muffin tops are great served with a slice of bacon and fruit salad.
These muffins store great when left on your counter. Make sure to enjoy within about 3 days in an airtight container with paper towels. If you want them to last a little longer, we recommend placing in the freezer.
More Easy Muffins Recipe:
- Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
- Double Chocolate Muffins
If you make these Chocolate Chip Muffins, make sure to leave a comment. We love hearing from you.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray muffin tray or line with liners.
- Mix together dry ingredients, flour through salt and set aside.
- Mix melted butter and sugars. Stir until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Slowly mix it milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, stirring only until mixed in (do not over mix).
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if using.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe