This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Canned Waffle Biscuits are a quick and easy way to make waffles. Toss in a cinnamon and sugar mixture for a delicious breakfast idea.
What are Waffle Biscuits?
Waffle Biscuits is a quick way to make your families favorite breakfast. No need to use a waffle mix when you have canned biscuits.
The biscuits are cooked on a waffle maker and then tossed in a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
For an another easy breakfast idea, make Monkey Bread Recipe.
- Grands Biscuits (16 oz can – 8 count)
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make Biscuits in Waffle Maker:
- Step 1 – Prepare Waffle Maker – Preheat a waffle iron and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Combine Sugar and Cinnamon – Whisk together the sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Step 3 – Stretch Biscuits – Open the biscuits and gently stretch the biscuits until they are approximately 4-5 inches wide.
- Step 4 – Place biscuits on waffle maker – Place one biscuit dough in the center of the waffle iron. Close and cook for 4-5 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown. Repeat with remaining biscuits until all are cooked.
- Step 5 – Toss waffle maker in mixture – Remove the waffle and immediately place it in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Toss the waffles to coat it on all sides with the mixture.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
What to Serve with Waffle Biscuits?
Make these waffles for an easy week day breakfast. Add one of these delicious sides to complete the meal.
- Biscuits and Gravy – Add a side of biscuits and gravy for a rich and hearty side.
- Fruit – Make a bowl of fruit salad for light and refreshing side dish.
- Syrup – Drizzle the top with maple syrup or chocolate syrup for added flavor.
- Biscuits – When removing the biscuits from the can then stretch the biscuits. Place on the waffle maker and it will expand as it cooks.
- Preparing the Waffle Iron – Heat the waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. This will ensure the biscuits doesn’t stick to the waffle iron.
- Cooking the Biscuits – Cook the biscuits for about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Once cooked, toss the waffle in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. This allows for the mixture to stick to the cooked waffle.
- Different Toppings – Instead of tossing the waffle in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, eat the waffle as a traditional waffle. Top with butter, peanut butter and syrup.
- Top with Gravy – Top the waffle with gravy, for a delicious savory breakfast.
- Breakfast Sandwich – Top with waffle with egg and sausage for a delicious breakfast sandwich.
- Top the dough – You can even top the dough with cinnamon and sugar before cooking the biscuit in the waffle iron.
- Biscuits – Feel free to use different types of biscuits. You can use flaky biscuits, buttermilk biscuits, or homestyle biscuits.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Easy Waffle Biscuits:
Skip the messy waffle batter and make your family Waffle biscuits. They take minutes to prepare and they taste amazing. There is a variety of ways to top it but we love the flavor of the cinnamon and sugar.
These waffles are perfect for a weekday breakfast or for a special holiday breakfast.
Print Recipe here for Waffle Biscuits:
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Open the biscuits and gently stretch the biscuits until they are approximately 4-5 inches wide.
- Place one biscuit in the center of the waffle iron. Close and cook for 4-5 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove the waffle and immediately place it in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Toss the waffles to coat it on all sides with the mixture.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Breakfast Recipes:
- Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- How to Make Cinnamon Toast
- Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe