This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
How to make Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls easily and perfectly every time. This easy and delicious treat is such a fun way to celebrate Valentine’s with your kids.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I was trying to come up with a fun and festive Valentine’s Day breakfast. Valentine’s Day is so much fun to celebrate with the kids.
Because we are using canned cinnamon rolls, this easy cinnamon rolls idea is perfect. It’s easy to make an adorable breakfast without messing up your kitchen. You may also like to make these Pink Waffles for another fun Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe.
Table of Contents
Here is what you’ll need in your kitchen to make these easy cinnamon rolls.
- Canned Cinnamon Rolls (refrigerated)
- Red Food Coloring
- Valentine Sprinkles
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Sprinkles – Feel free to use any sprinkles you prefer. If your kids like a certain color, I would use that for a kid friendly breakfast.
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls – Feel free to make a batch of homemade cinnamon rolls to make these sweetheart cinnamon rolls.
How to Make Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls:
- Step 1 – First preheat oven to the temperature on the roll of cinnamon rolls. I preheated my oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2 – Unroll the canned cinnamon rolls and separate the rolls.
Step 3 – Unroll the single cinnamon roll strips and roll the other side in to make into shape of a heart. Then place each one on a baking sheet.
Step 4 – Then finish by pinching the bottom slightly to make the bottom of the heart. Continue doing this to all the cinnamon rolls until you have turned all the cinnamon rolls into hearts.
Step 5 – Bake according to the directions until the cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
Step 6 – Meanwhile, place the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in the microwave and heat or 10 seconds. This will allow it to get thin. Add 2 drops of red food coloring to the icing and mix well to dye the icing a bright red color.
Step 7 – Once the adorable Heart cinnamon rolls are done cooking, either spread the icing or drizzle over the heart shaped cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle with sprinkles and serve while they are still slightly warm.
- Unrolling Cinnamon Rolls – Don’t be afraid to unroll the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls to roll them back up in a heart shape. I fine that it’s best to do with your finger. Also, get the kids involved because they love helping with this step.
- Prepare Baking Pan – You can use parchment paper to line the backing sheet for easy clean up as well.
- Heating Frosting – I heated up the frosting in the microwave in 10 second intervals. You just want the icing slightly thinner so that the red food coloring will mix easily into the frosting.
- Choosing the Right Cinnamon Rolls – Make sure to get the canned cinnamon rolls that includes the frosting as well.
- Food Coloring – I love using gel food coloring to make sure to get a vibrant red color.
How to Store
Store any leftover cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. To reheat, place them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to warm them slightly.
You can also freeze leftover cinnamon rolls in a freezer bag or freezer container for up to 2-3 months. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil for the best results.
These are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day of the week.
Can you Make these from Scratch?
Generally, when I make these I use canned cinnamon rolls just because it makes it’s so easy.
However, you can make them from scratch as well. This is my favorite homemade cinnamon rolls recipe. You can easily use this recipe and use the dough to shape the cinnamon rolls into hearts after the dough has been cut.
Try these other fun Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Cookies
- White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzels
- Kid Friendly Cotton Candy Drink Recipe
- Emoji Covered Oreos
- Valentine’s Day Dinner for 2 for just $14!
- Valentines Day Cake Balls Recipe
These Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls are fun to make! If you try them, let us know how they turned out.
Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- red food coloring
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Preheat oven to the temperature on the roll of cinnamon rolls.
- Unroll the canned cinnamon rolls and seperate the rolls.
- Unroll the single cinnamon roll and roll the other side in to make a heart shape.
- Finish by pinching the bottom slightly to secure the heart shape.
- Continue doing this to all the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake according to the directions.
- Meanwhile, place the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in the microwave and heat or 10 seconds. This will allow it to thin up.
- Add a 2 drops of red food coloring to the icing and mix well.
- Once the Heart cinnamon rolls are done cooking, either spread the icing or drizzle over the heart shaped cinnamon rolls.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe