We love making fun treats at our house that don’t take a lot of work. This White Chocolate Popcorn is not only festive and delicious but so easy to make!
White Chocolate Popcorn
We have so much fun baking around here but it has to be simple. From cake mix cookies, to simple cake recipes… life needs to be fun. Make sure to check out more of my favorite easy dessert recipes.
However, it also has to be quick and frugal in our house and this White Chocolate covered Popcorn Recipe is just that.
Plus my entire family loves a sweet and salty treat and this white chocolate popcorn is just that! You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make and how delicious it tastes too!
You only need 3 easy ingredients to make this white chocolate popcorn!
How to Make White Chocolate Popcorn:
- Prepare the popcorn based on the popcorn instructions.
- Spread out the popped popcorn in a single layer on a baking sheet. I suggest lining the pan with parchment paper before putting the microwave popcorn on it for super easy clean up. (Make sure to pick out any popcorn kernels.)
- Melt the white chocolate chips with the vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals until the chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Now you have to act quick. Then take a fork or a spoon and drizzle melted white chocolate over the popcorn.
- Allow the popcorn to cool so that the white chocolate re-hardens. Then break apart the popcorn and enjoy.
It really is that simple to make this easy white chocolate popcorn recipe.
How do you melt white chocolate?
You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate but I find that it’s much easier to melt in the microwave. Make sure that you use a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals so that you don’t accidentally burn the chocolate.
Also, you will need to add oil when melting the white chocolate. I find that white chocolate tends to clump when melting but adding the vegetable oil help the chocolate to be creamy and easier to drizzle onto the cooked popped corn.
I prefer white chocolate for this recipe but if you’re not a fan of white chocolate, you can also use milk or dark chocolate chips instead. Either will work great.
Also, you can use melting chocolate or almond bark instead of white chocolate chips. White chocolate chips are generally just more affordable at my local grocery store.
Also, you can use avocado oil or coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. Just make sure that the oil has a high boiling point so that it does not burn in the microwave.
This recipe is so fun and easy to jazz up with some of your favorite toppings to make it work for any event or any occasion. Here are some of our favorite ideas to top this popcorn recipe with.
- Sprinkles – I love adding in sprinkles to celebrate the holidays.
- More Chocolate Candy – Mix in some of your favorite chocolate candies. We love topping with M&Ms the best!
- Nuts – Any type of nuts will add a nice salty crunch to this recipe as well.
You really can not go wrong with the toppings whichever way that you decide.
How much did this quick treat cost us?
My total cost was under $1. Talk about a great treat for the family without spending a ton of money!
This is such a frugal treat and a great snack for a large family or to serve a large crowd. You do not have to worry about spending tons of money.
How to Store:
Store any leftover popcorn in an air tight container or bag at room temperature for up to 1 week.
However, I find that the popcorn is best fresh. The popcorn will become more chewy as it sits.
Everyone loves White Chocolate Popcorn:
It is the perfect salty sweet treat! You will love this easy recipe.
Sometimes we make it for movie night and it is delicious and so easy! If we are watching a movie I just put the popcorn in a large bowl and it is one of our favorite treats to enjoy.
I think you could melt white chocolate and make just about anything delicious. 🙂 This popcorn recipe is sure to be a hit!
Let us know how your White chocolate popcorn turns out!
Print this White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe below:
White Chocolate Popcorn
- 10 cups Popped Popcorn (or use 2 (2 oz.) bag of microwave popcorn)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (12 oz. bag)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Spread out the popped popcorn on a baking sheet.
- Place the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small microwave safe bowl. Melt by heating in the microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and creamy.
- Quickly drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature. Then break apart and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe