This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pink Popcorn is a fun and delicious popcorn recipe. It is perfect for any occasion and the color can be changed to anything you like.
Pink Popcorn Recipe:
Easy pink popcorn is the perfect popcorn that can be served for many occasions. It is a blast to make and can be made with simple ingredients. This old fashioned popcorn recipe can be changed to any flavor or color that you want.
Vanilla flavored is added to the popcorn to give it that warm flavor. We love that the pink flavor is fun and perfect to be served for Valentine’s Day or a baby shower. Microwave popcorn turns from plain to flavorful with simple ingredients.
Whether you are looking for an easy snack or a movie night treat, this is the treat to make. It is loaded with flavor and the pink color makes this a family favorite snack.
What is Old Fashioned Pink Popcorn?
Flavored popcorn is a delicious and fun treat. This old fashioned pink popcorn is full of flavor and turns popped popcorn until a fabulous treat. Our favorite is to make it for a Valentine’s Day treat or when we are hosting a baby girl baby shower.
It is a simple recipe that is always a crowd favorite. This pink popcorn starts with microwave popcorn, air popped popcorn or store bought popcorn.
Sugar, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla is heated and then pink food coloring is added to the popcorn.
The combination of these ingredients makes the perfect sweet and salty treat.
- Popped Popcorn (approximately 4 bags)
- Granulated Sugar
- Whole Milk
- Light Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Pink Food Coloring
How to Make Pink Popcorn:
- Step 1 – Line Baking Sheet – Place parchment paper on 2 large baking sheet. Place the popcorn in 1 or 2 large bowls depending on the size of your bowls.
- Step 2 – Heat Ingredients – Heat the sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk and stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Step 3 – Add in Vanilla and Pink food coloring – Heat the mixture until it’s approximately 230 degrees. Check the temperature of the mixture with a candy thermometer. Then remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pink food coloring.
- Step 4 – Pour sauce over the popcorn – Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn. Then stir until the popcorn is evenly coated with the corn syrup mixture. Spread the popcorn onto the baking sheets. Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until it’s dry and set.
- Step 5 – Serve – Then the popcorn is ready to serve and enjoy.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Sprinkles – You can add sprinkles to this popcorn recipe for a fun and festive treat.
- Change the Popcorn Color – Red food coloring can be added to make this popcorn a red color. In fact, you can use other types of food coloring to change the color of the popcorn.
- Nuts – Add nuts to the popcorn after adding the syrup on to the popcorn. This adds texture and flavor.
- Chocolate – For added flavor, drizzle chocolate over the top for a candy coated popcorn treat.
- Change the Flavor – We used vanilla extract in this recipe, but you easily use other types of flavor. We suggest orange, coconut, strawberry, or almond extract.
- Popcorn – Use microwave popcorn, air popper popcorn, or store bought popcorn. We recommend using plain popcorn but you can use what you have on hand.
Tips for Pink Popcorn:
- Popcorn Kernels – Make sure to remove the popcorn kernels before pouring the mixture over the top.
- Heat Mixture – We recommend using a candy thermometer to check the temperature of the heated mixture. Remove the mixture from heat and mix in the vanilla and pink food coloring.
- Candy Popcorn – Feel free to use other flavors of extract or other colors for this candy popcorn. It is perfect for many occasions.
- Resting Popcorn – After pouring the mixture over the popcorn, allow the popcorn to rest before storing.
- Line Baking Pans – Before pouring the popcorn on the baking sheet, make sure to line with parchment paper. This makes for an easy cleanup.
How to Store:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
How Long will Colored Popcorn last:
Make sure to store the Pink Popcorn in an air tight container for best results. This popcorn will last about 2 weeks if stored at room temperature.
Easy Gift Idea:
If you are needing a gift idea when hosting a party, make this Pink Popcorn. It is easily able to bag up in a cellophane bag and wrap a cut bow to give out.
It would also be great to surprise your friends and neighbors with a candy coated treat.
This delicious snack is simple and easy to make. We love that it is budget friendly and always a crowd favorite.
What type of Popcorn do I use?
We used microwave popcorn to make this easy recipe. Depending on how much you need, I recommend making about 4 bags. You can easily make air popped popcorn or store bought popcorn if you prefer.
We recommend using plain popcorn instead of having butter on it. But you can easily use any flavor that you prefer.
Print Recipe here for Pink Popcorn:
- 16 cups Popped Popcorn approximately 4 bags
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pink Food Coloring
- Place parchment paper on 2 large baking sheet. Place the popcorn in 1 or 2 large bowls depending on the size of your bowls.
- Heat the sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk and stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Heat the mixture until it’s approximately 230 degrees F. Check the temperature of the mixture with a candy thermometer. Then remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pink food coloring.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated with the corn syrup mixture. Spread the popcorn onto the baking sheets. Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until it’s dry and set.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe