This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cinnamon Roll Popcorn is an addicting snack that loaded with cinnamon and sugar flavor. Top with drizzled melted white chocolate for a decadent treat.
Cinnamon Roll Popcorn Recipe:
Cinnamon Roll Popcorn Recipe is full of sweet and salty flavors. Easily make the popcorn and coat the popcorn with a brown sugar mixture. Top it off with an easy melted white chocolate for an addicting treat.
If you love Cinnabon Popcorn then you are going to love Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls. We also love making Cinnamon Roll Waffles for a easy weekend breakfast or a batch of our Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.
We love all recipes that include cinnamon in it. This Cinnamon Bun Popcorn is the perfect holiday snack or you can easily make it year round. It would be perfect to make and hand out as gifts.
- Popcorn Kernels
- Vegetable Oil
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Chips
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Popcorn:
- Step 1 – In a medium sized pot, combine the popcorn kernels and vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Shake the pot regularly until most of the kernels have popped.
- Step 2 – Transfer the popcorn to a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Microwave the mixture for about 20 seconds, or until the butter has melted.
- Step 3 – Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and fold it until the popcorn is evenly coated in the brown sugar mixture. Stir to combine with the popcorn.
- Step 4 – Microwave the white chocolate chips until they are fully melted and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Step 4 – Serve and enjoy. This popcorn has the flavors of caramel corn.
Cinnamon Popcorn Tips:
- Oil Tips – In addition to vegetable oil, you can also use avocado oil and canola oil. You will want to stay away from low heat oils like coconut oil because it will just cause the kernels to burn before they have a chance to pop.
- Popcorn – If you do not have popcorn kernels, you can use microwave popcorn bags instead. You will need two bags for this recipe.
- Brown Sugar – You can use either light or dark brown sugar in this recipe. I have tried using both and it does not make a noticeable difference in the taste of the popcorn.
- Cooking Kernels – Continue heating popcorn kernels over medium heat until done cooking. You will know when done cooking when the popcorn has slowed down popping.
- Brown Sugar Mixture – Combine mixture until melted. Make sure not to burn mixture by overheating.
- Covering the Popcorn – You can pour the popcorn in a bowl or spread popcorn mixture onto a foil lined jelly roll pan to cover. You can also line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Almond Bark – We used white chocolate chips in this recipe, but you can also use melted almond bark.
Variations for Cinnamon Roll Popcorn:
- Add in Nuts – You can easily add in any nuts. Our favorite has been peanuts but almonds would be great as well. For that extra sweet and salty combination use salted nuts.
- Chocolate Drizzled – We just drizzled melted white chocolate over the popcorn and it was absolutely delicious! You could even experiment with all sorts of different chocolate. You can even mix two different types of chocolate.
- Add chocolate chips – Try peanut butter or butterscotch! I think it would be delicious to use several different types of chocolate morsels.
- Quality Chocolate – For an amazing flavor, we recommend using high quality chocolate.
How to Store:
You can store this popcorn in a bag on the counter for up to one week before it will start to go stale. The perfect snack to make a big batch for the week. You can also place in zip lock bags once the popcorn has cooled.
How Long will it Last:
Stored properly, this popcorn can last up to a week. Ours never lasts that long though. We eat it pretty fast because it is amazing.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Easy Snack – Plain popcorn is easy snack to prepare for movie night or an after school snack. Adding the brown sugar mixture takes a simple popcorn snack to the next level.
- Simple to Prepare – The ingredients are simple and can easily be prepared at home. This snack taste like a gourmet popcorn without the high price tag.
- Sweet and Salty Treat – Perfect for gift giving or just to have around. During the holiday we like to have these snacks available. It really puts us in that holiday spirit.
Easy Cinnamon Roll Popcorn Recipe:
This popcorn is so rich and delicious. The cinnamon sugar coating combines with the brown sugar mixture for a tasty treat. Your popcorn really takes on a amazing taste when you drizzle white chocolate over the top.
We love to enjoy this for movie night or a special treat. It is easy enough for any day of the week but tasty enough for special occasions. Give it a try for birthdays, baby showers and more.
This is also an inexpensive way to let friends or neighbors know you are thinking about them without spending a ton. We like to fill holiday jars with this delicious popcorn.
Print Recipe here for Cinnamon Roll Popcorn:
Cinnamon Roll Popcorn
- In a medium sized pot, combine the popcorn kernels and vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Shake the pot regularly until most of the kernels have popped. Transfer the popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Microwave the mixture for about 20 seconds, or until the butter has melted.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over the popcorn and fold it until the popcorn is evenly coated in the brown sugar mixture.
- Microwave the white chocolate chips until they are fully melted and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you do not have popcorn kernels, you can use microwave popcorn bags instead. You will need two bags for this recipe. In addition to vegetable oil, you can also use avocado oil and canola oil. You will want to stay away from low heat oils like coconut oil because it will just cause the kernels to burn before they have a chance to pop.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Popcorn Recipes:
- Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe
- Cinnamon Popcorn Recipe
- Pink Popcorn Recipe
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Popcorn Recipe
- Kettle Corn Popcorn Recipe
- Easy Homemade Carmel Popcorn Recipe
- Easy White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe