This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make this Easy Monkey Bread Recipe for a quick and delicious breakfast idea your family will love. Monkey bread is so inexpensive to make and you will be amazed how little time it takes to make this tasty recipe.
Table of Contents
- What is Monkey Bread?
- Monkey Bread Ingredients:
- How to make Monkey Bread:
- Can I use any brand of biscuits?
- Why this is the best Monkey Bread Recipe!
- How do you store Monkey Bread?
- Can it be prepared the night before?
- Why did my Monkey Bread Fall apart?
- Can I use Frozen Biscuit Dough?
- More easy Breakfast Recipes:
- Easy Monkey Bread Recipe Recipe
What is Monkey Bread?
Monkey bread, also known as cinnamon pull apart bread, that gets its name from the cinnamon, buttery covered biscuit that are all cooked together. The buttery, cinnamon loaf stays together and then you pull one biscuit off at a time.
This center of the bread is the best part as all the cinnamon glaze comes together. This basic recipe is so easy to make and with easy ingredients it is the perfect weekend breakfast idea.
Monkey Bread Ingredients:
- Buttermilk Canned Biscuits
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
How to make Monkey Bread:
- Start Oven and Prepare Pan – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10″ Bundt pan with a non stick cooking spray.
Step 1 – Remove the biscuit dough from the packaging and cut biscuits into quarters or 4 pieces each.
Step 2 – Place the biscuit pieces into a large zip lock bag.
Step 3 – Add the granulated sugar and cinnamon to the bag.
Step 4 – Seal the bag and shake to coat the biscuits with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Do not remove the air from the bag.
Step 5 – Then place the biscuit pieces into the Bundt pan.
Step 6 – Prepare the Glaze. Place the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
Step 7 – Heat over medium high. Whisk the ingredients together and bring the brown sugar mixture to a boil.
Step 8 – Pour the buttery brown sugar sauce over the biscuits in the Bundt pan.
Step 9 – Bake for 35 minutes or deep golden brown and the center is no longer doughy.
Step 10 – Let the pan set for 5-10 minutes and then carefully invert onto a serving platter to serve.
Keep reading for all the step by step instructions.
- Add in pie fillings. You can stir in any pie fillings in with the monkey bread.
- Top with a Glaze. We love to mix powdered sugar and milk to make a quick glaze. Then drizzle on top.
- Add in mix-ins. You can stir in nuts, pecans, or raisins and pour over the biscuits.
- Use Homemade Biscuits. We used canned biscuits but you can make biscuits from scratch.
Can I use any brand of biscuits?
We have used the cheap biscuits and we have used the name brand biscuits and both have turned out amazing. So grab yourself a can of cheap biscuits and make this easy breakfast or brunch recipe.
Why this is the best Monkey Bread Recipe!
- Easy 5 Ingredients – These ingredients are easy and ones we always have on hand.
- Quick Breakfast Idea – This breakfast is quick and easy to prepare. In less than an hour you will have a yummy breakfast.
- Yummy Cinnamon Glaze – Our favorite part is the buttery, cinnamon glaze.
- Everyone Loves it – When I make this for my family or for a crowd, it is always a hit and there is usually none leftover.
How do you store Monkey Bread?
This recipe is best served warm and on the same day. If you do have left overs, wait until the monkey bread is at room temperature. Cover with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. It will stay good for about 3 days.
Can it be prepared the night before?
Yes, it can. This would be prefect breakfast to make for your Christmas morning breakfast. Simply, make monkey bread as indicated and cover. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, remove plastic wrap and bake. It is that easy.
Why did my Monkey Bread Fall apart?
Normally monkey bread will fall apart because it sticks to the pan. The best way to prevent this is to make sure you grease the pan well before baking.
Can I use Frozen Biscuit Dough?
Yes you can use frozen biscuit dough instead of canned biscuits. However, you will want to make sure the biscuit dough is completely thawed out.
More easy Breakfast Recipes:
- Super Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Tasty Zucchini Bread
- Banana Bread Mini Muffins Recipe
- Light and Easy Quiche
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10" bundt pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Remove the biscuits from the packaging and cut them into 4 pieces each.
- Place the biscuit pieces into a large zip lock bag. Add the granulated sugar and cinnamon to the bag. Do not remove the air from the bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat the biscuits with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Then place the biscuit pieces into the bundt pan.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan. Then heat over medium high. Whisk the ingredients together and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture over the biscuits in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or golden brown and the center is no longer doughy.
- Then let the pan set for 5-10 minutes and then carefully invert onto a pan to serve.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe