Make these easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls that are frugal and delicious. They are bite size and perfect for breakfast any day of the week.
Mini Cinnamon Rolls
Mmmm, mmmm good! Cinnamon rolls are just so delicious! It is one of those things everyone loves.
They are fun to make, smell amazing when they’re baking and oh ya, they taste great! There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and everyone always loves to eat cinnamon rolls.
Well… they are not too good for the waistline. It is just so hard to not eat the whole thing.
Make mini cinnamon rolls!! You are going to love this recipe!
Now, you can eat one or two and not feel guilty! Plus, they are super fast and easy to make!
Did I mention they’re also frugal? Is your mouth watering yet?
What do you need for Cinnamon roll bites?
I saw a recipe similar to this on Pinterest, but it used canned crescent rolls. Well, I love crescent rolls as much as the next gal, except I think they’re expensive!
What to do, what to do. How about use canned biscuits instead?
You can use Pilsbury biscuits to make this delicious recipe but really any brand will do.
That’s right, canned biscuits. I can buy biscuits for $0.50 a pop, and that’s without a coupon!
Besides biscuits, I used melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. That is it!
How to Make Mini Cinnamon Rolls
I’ll give the detailed recipe in a sec, but I want you to see how I put the biscuits together to make one big piece of dough. First, I laid each one on the counter and spread it out with my fingers.
Then I slightly overlapped the next circle and the next and the next, until I used all 10 biscuits (smooshing each biscuit as I went).
Think Olympic rings, except I had a row of 3 on top, 4 in the middle, and 3 on the bottom. Easy!
Are you ready to make these little cuties yet? Have fun and enjoy!
Let’s get started!
- canned biscuits
- brown sugar
How to make mini cinnamon rolls:
First, preheat the oven for what the biscuit instructions call for. For example, my biscuits said preheat at 400 degrees F.
Second, spray your mini muffin tin so that it is lightly greased.
Next, spread out parchment paper, Flatten the biscuits and ‘smoosh’ it out flat as much as you can without tearing it.
Keep repeating until you have done this with all of the biscuits. You want to slightly overlap each one.
Tip: You can use a lightly floured surface if needed.
I did a row of 3 on top, a row of 4 in the middle and a row of 4 on the bottom. You can do what you prefer.
Just make sure all of the biscuits overlap the surrounding biscuits.
Now, once all of the biscuits are smooshed and overlapped, spread the melted butter evenly over the top of your rolled biscuit dough.
You may not need to use it all. Just use as much as you need to cover it. I didn’t need all of mine.
Wasn’t that easy?
Then sprinkle the brown sugar all over the butter. You can adjust this to preference. Feel free to use as much or as little as you want.
Next, sprinkle cinnamon over the brown sugar. If you like nuts or raisins, add them now.
Finally, roll the dough into a long tube. I rolled it from long end to long end so I could make more mini rolls.
After you have everything rolled together, it is time to cut into individual rolls. Now, your dough will be pretty mushy, but you can use your pizza cutter to slice quickly into 12 pieces.
Don’t worry if they get a little mushed, they will still taste yummy!
Each cinnamon roll now goes into the mini muffin pan.
Just bake them according to the biscuit instructions until golden brown. I cooked mine for 12 minutes and the sugar and cinnamon smelled amazing!
As you can see from the picture, they weren’t the prettiest things to look at in the pan, but they tasted super yummy! My family ate them up!
If you have any left cover them with plastic wrap. However, we didn’t have any left.
Next time I’m thinking I’ll make a double batch because everyone absolutely loved these. Enjoy!
These bite size cinnamon rolls are so tasty and easy to make. You can also try making cream cheese frosting for the cinnamon rolls. Another idea is to make a simple glaze with powdered sugar for this bite size treat.
You will love canned biscuit cinnamon rolls!
Treat the family to delicious cinnamon rolls even during the week with this recipe. Since it uses biscuits, the recipe is SO simple and even the kids can help.
Don’t underestimate how amazing can biscuits can be. With a little jazzing up with a few simple ingredients, you can quickly and easily have cinnamon rolls that taste like you worked hard all morning to make them.
Try Mini Cinnamon Rolls Recipe today!
Using can biscuits make this so easy. No need to get your dough hook out for the flour mixture when you can use easy can biscuits!
I’m all about making life easier and this recipe can’t be beat. It is so quick and easy using can biscuits.
This recipe simply can’t be beat and the entire family will go crazy over it!
Print this Easy Canned Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls below:
Mini Cinnamon Roll Bites
- 1 can 10 count biscuits 7.5 oz
- 1 tablespoons butter melted in small bowl
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven as per the biscuit instructions (mine said 400 F or 200 C).
- Generously spray 12 mini muffin cups. The pan needs to be lightly greased.
- On parchment paper, Take each biscuit and ‘smoosh’ it out flat as much as you can without tearing it. Do it again with the next biscuit, slightly overlapping it with the first biscuit. You can use a lightly floured surface if needed.
- Continue until you have used all 10 biscuits. I did a row of 3 on top, a row of 4 in the middle and a row of 4 on the bottom. All of the biscuits overlap the surrounding biscuits.
- Once all of the biscuits are smooshed and overlapped, Spread your melted butter in mixing bowl evenly over the top of your rolled dough biscuit rectangle. Use only as much as you need to cover. I melted 2 tablespoons and didn’t need all of it.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. Again, use as much or as little as you want.
- Now, sprinkle your cinnamon over the brown sugar. At this point, feel free to add raisins or nuts if you are so inclined.
- Now get rolling! Literally. Roll your dough into a tube. I rolled it from long end to long end so I could make more mini rolls.
- Once you have your tube it is time to cut. Your dough will be pretty mushy, but you can use your pizza cutter to slice quickly into 12 pieces. Don’t worry if they get a little mushed, they will still taste yummy!
- Place each piece of cut dough cut side down in the mini muffin pan.
- Bake as per the biscuit instructions until golden brown. I cooked mine for 12 minutes on baking sheet and the sugar and cinnamon smelled amazing!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe