This Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is perfect to make for Christmas morning. My entire family loves these cinnamon rolls with the subtle eggnog flavor.
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls are a fun Christmas morning breakfast idea!
Do you need something delicious for Christmas morning? Try this delicious Cinnamon Rolls Recipe with an easy eggnog glaze. From our Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls recipe to our Cinnamon Roll Waffles, this family loves a good cinnamon roll.
They are easy to make and they taste very festive. This cinnamon roll recipe and are perfect for the holidays. Whether you are serving them Christmas morning or a holiday brunch, I’m sure they will be a hit with all your friends and family.
It is definitely a fun twist on a traditional cinnamon roll recipe. My family was very impressed with this recipe and I hope you are too!
What ingredients do you need to make this eggnog cinnamon rolls recipe?
You just need some simple basic pantry ingredients and, of course, eggnog!
Here is the entire list of the ingredients that will be needed for these delicious cinnamon rolls:
- Active Dry Yeast
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
That’s it! I know that making homemade cinnamon rolls can seem intimidating, but I promise it’s not too hard at all.
How to make eggnog cinnamon rolls:
I use a stand up mixer to make these cinnamon rolls and I also use the whisk and dough attachments.
First create the dough then covered it in plastic wrap and allowed for the it to rise until it the dough has doubled in size.
Then you roll out the dough on a floured work surface (don’t skip this step or you’ll have a big mess to clean up afterwards). Top the dough with the filling mixture and then roll tightly and seal the ends.
After you have rolled the dough, cut it into 12 even pieces and place them in a lined baking dish. Allow the rolls to finish rising and then bake!
After the bake time, allow the rolls to cool and top with the eggnog glaze. I have seen some recipes that call for a cream cheese frosting, but I think that the eggnog tastes better with the powdered sugar.
These are fun to make, get the entire family involved…I know that they will love it too!
That’s it, keep reading to find the step by step instructions on how to make this delicious eggnog cinnamon roll recipe.
I mean just look at them…. they are Delicious!
I love making these cinnamon rolls every Christmas season. They are one of my favorite eggnog recipes! You can easily make these on December 21 or December 22 and they’ll still be perfect for Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
I hope you make them this year and come back to let me know what you think of this recipe!
Print this easy Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls Recipe below:
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Eggnog
- 2¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2¾ cups Flour
- ½ cup softened Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Eggnog
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- Heat the milk and eggnog just until feels warm (about 100 degrees)
- Sprinkle the yeast on top and leave it sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg, butter and vanilla to the yeast mixture.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, add the flour and sugar and run on low for 3 minutes in a large bowl.
- Switch to dough hook attachment.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture in the center and mix on low speed dough comes together.
- Increase to medium and knead until the dough sticks to the hook (6-8 minutes).
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Clean mixer bowl and lightly grease with butter.
- Return the dough to the bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover with towel and allow to rise until doubled (about 1½ hours).
- Flour your work surface, and roll
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into roughly 12×15″ rectangle.
- With longer side facing you, spread butter over the the surface, except for ½” edge opposite you.
- Mix together your sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle mixture evenly over buttered area.
- Roll the dough towards the unbuttered edge, trying not to leave gaps.
- Gently rub water along the unbuttered edge and continue rolling to seal up the roll.
- Cut the roll into 12 even pieces.
- Line a 9×13″ pan with parchment paper and plae buns in the pan, leaving a little space between each. You can use multiple smaller pans if desired.
- Cover with towel and allow to rise about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Bake until golden brown (20-30 minutes).
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, melted butter and eggnog and whisk until well blended.
- Transfer the glaze to piping bag and drizzle over rolls.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
If you like this recipe, try these other easy cinnamon roll recipes!
- Lazy Day Cinnamon Biscuits
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake Recipe
- Super Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls