Do you need something delicious for Christmas morning? Try this delicious Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls Recipe. From our Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls recipe to our Cinnamon Roll Waffles, this family loves a good cinnamon roll.
They are easy to make and they taste very festive – perfect for the holidays. Whether you are serving them Christmas morning or a holiday brunch, I’m sure they will be a hit. It is definitely a fun twist to the normal cinnamon roll recipe. My family was very impressed with this recipe.
Making your own cinnamon rolls are much cheaper than buying store bought. Besides the eggnog you probably already have everything in the pantry which makes this a very frugal breakfast idea. I love how frugal it is, but it seems so fancy. In fact it is “fancy” enough to show off for the holiday guest. Who doesn’t love homemade cinnamon rolls?
I mean just look at them…. Delicious!
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls Recipe are easy to make. Make them this week!
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Eggnog
- 2¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2¾ cup Flour
- ½ cup softened Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ cup Eggnog
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- Heat the milk and eggnog just until feels warm (about 100 degrees)
- Sprinkle the yeast on top and leave it sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg, butter and vanilla.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, add the flour and sugar and run on low for 3 minutes.
- Switch to dough hook attachment.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture in the center and mix on low speed dough comes together.
- Increase to medium and knead until the dough sticks to the hook (6-8 minutes).
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Clean mixer bowl and lightly grease with butter.
- Return the dough to the bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover with towel and allow to rise until doubled (about 1½ hours).
- Flour your work surface, and roll
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into roughly 12x15" rectangle.
- With longer side facing you, spread butter over the the surface, except for ½" edge opposite you.
- Mix together your sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle mixture evenly over buttered area.
- Roll the dough towards the unbuttered edge, trying not to leave gaps.
- Gently rub water along the unbuttered edge and continue rolling to seal up the roll.
- Cut the roll into 12 even pieces.
- Line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper and plae buns in the pan, leaving a little space between each. You can use multiple smaller pans if desired.
- Cover with towel and allow to rise about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Bake until golden brown (20-30 minutes).
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, melted butter and eggnog and whisk until well blended.
- Transfer the glaze to piping bag and drizzle over rolls.
Make sure you check out these other delicious recipes: