One bite of this Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe is all it takes for you to be hooked! It is everything you love about a cinnamon roll, but without all of the work! You’ll be sharing this recipe will all of your family and friends!
I’m so excited to share with your this fun twist to the traditional coffee cake recipe – a Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake recipe. Seriously gals…
It is so good….
Like really, really good.
And it is crazy easy to make.
So I call this a win-win.
Whether you are making it for brunch, or for Sunday breakfast, your family is going to fall in love. I know mine did! My family loved it so much they ask for it on a regular basis!
Try this Coffee cake recipe today!
Who doesn’t love a good coffee cake? You are going to love this fun twist to a traditional coffee cake recipe. You can eat it with breakfast since it has the words ‘cinnamon roll’ in the title. 😉 This also makes a good dessert after other meals if you can’t bring yourself to eat ‘cake’ with breakfast. Either way, this is a moist and delicious cake.
Don’t be scared off by the long list of ingredients. I bet you have all of them in your pantry now. Enjoy!
Homemade Cinnamon Roll Cake
If you love cinnamon rolls, get ready for your life to be changed! This recipe is a new family favorite and is requested over and over again! There is no denying that we love cinnamon rolls around here, but boy are they a lot of work. Especially when you’re cooking for a large family.
With this cinnamon roll cake, there is no waiting for the dough to rise, rolling it out, spreading it with the cinnamon mixture, rolling again, cutting the cinnamon rolls, then finally baking them. Homemade cinnamon roll cake is made from scratch, but it is so easy that it will be ready to enjoy in about 45 minutes! I’ve been in a pinch before and substituted a boxed cake mix. It tasted good, though it definitely wasn’t homemade. 🙂
Ingredients you need:
Ingredients For the Cake:
For the Cinnamon Topping:
For the Glaze:
How to make this easy Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together for the ingredients of the cake.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- For the topping, mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl.
- Drop spoonfuls of topping on the batter and then swirl it around with a knife. If your topping isn’t runny that is ok, you can still swirl it around and it will still taste great!
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake. (You can reduce the glaze and the cake would still be yummy.)
Can I substitute with a boxed cake mix?
If you would rather use a boxed cake mix instead of making your own, you can absolutely use a boxed cake mix instead. You will need a white cake mix and all of the ingredients the instructions call for.
Simply mix the cake mix up according to the package directions, then mix up the cinnamon mixture and the glaze following the recipe below. Pour the cake batter into your prepared pan and drop the cinnamon filling by spoonfuls on the top. Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon filling into the cake. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Spread the glaze on top of the cake while it is still warm.
You’ll be enjoying this Cinnamon Roll cake in 30 minutes!
Cinnamon Cake Tips + Tricks:
- When swirling the cinnamon mixture into the cake, make sure you push the knife all of the way to the bottom of the pan so that you get the cinnamon mixture infused through the whole cake.
- We usually devour this cake as soon as it is glazed and ready, but if you need to make this ahead of time you can certainly do so! I wouldn’t bake the cake any more than 24 hours in advance and don’t glaze it until you need it. When you’re ready to serve the cake, warm the cake up and top with the glaze while the cake is still warm.
- While most cake recipes want you to wait until the cake is cool to put on the icing or glaze, this one works best if the cake is still warm. The glaze melts right into the cake and makes it taste just like warm cinnamon rolls!
- Freeze the cake in individual servings so you don’t eat the whole pan at once! Once the cake is cooled, wrap in plastic wrap, then foil for up to 3 months. When you want a quick slice, unwrap, and warm up in the microwave. Grab a cup a coffee and enjoy!
Print this Coffee Cake recipe below:
Here is a fun twist on a coffee cake recipe. This easy cinnamon roll cake recipe is the best. Get the taste of homemade cinnamon rolls without all the work.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix everything together for the ingredients of the cake.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
For the topping, mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl.
Drop spoonfuls of topping on the batter and then swirl it with a knife.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Drizzle glaze over warm cake. (You can reduce the glaze and the cake would still be yummy.)
Try a few of these other delicious cake recipes:
- Cake mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- How to make Cookie cake with Cake mix
- Amazing Cinnamon Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Ganache Cake Roll recipe
Try these other Breakfast Ideas:
- French Toast Sticks
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Homemade English Muffins
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Homemade Donut Recipe