This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Christmas Coffee Cake is a delicious coffee cake recipe topped with crumb topping and perfect for Christmas morning. No one can resist the brown sugar and cinnamon topping with pecans.
This Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe is always enjoyed by my large family. Each bite of the breakfast cake is moist and delicious and the topping brings it all together.
Table of Contents
Why Make Christmas Coffee Cake:
This recipe is perfect for Christmas morning and all holiday season. It is great for brunches, parties and so much more. In fact, we actually love to make it year-round.
The ingredients are simple and we love how it is to put together.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Butter, softened at room temperature
- Large Eggs
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
For the Topping:
- Pecans (finely chopped)
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Butter (melted)
- Ground Cinnamon
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Nuts. Substitute the pecans for walnuts in the cinnamon streusel topping.
- Glaze Topping. You can also make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle over the coffee cake.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Combine the topping ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
Step 2 – In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time.
Step 3 – Then add in the sour cream, vanilla extract and mix until combined and smooth.
Step 4 – Then hand stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients until just combined. Be careful to not over mix.
Step 5 – Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan.
Step 6 – Top with half of the topping. Then pour the remaining batter into the pan and top with the remaining topping. Then bake in preheat oven to 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Prepare Baking Dish – Make sure to prepare the baking dish by spraying with cooking spray prior to making this cake.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the ingredients in a large bowl but do not overmix.
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 1 week.
Allow the cake to cool. Cover in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Freeze up to a month. Allow to thaw at room temperature when ready to eat. It is not necessary to reheat it. However, you can if desired.
To reheat, place in a 300 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes untiled warmed through. Make sure to remove the plastic wrap and cover only with the foil.
More Easy Coffee Cake Recipes:
If you make this Christmas Morning Coffee Cake, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Christmas Coffee Cake
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9X13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add in the sour cream, vanilla extract and mix until combined and smooth.
- Then hand stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until just combined. Be careful to not over mix.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with half of the topping mixture.
- Then pour the remaining batter into the pan and top with the remaining topping mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top of the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes. Then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe