Try this Easy Quiche Recipe for a delicious way to sneak in veggies and serve a fabulous meal. It is the perfect idea for brunch, dinner or any meal of the week.
Easy Quiche Recipe
This dish was delicious and one we certainly plan to make again. I love it because there are so many different ingredients you can add to this to change it up.
You only need a few ingredients to make this tasty quiche and it is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve it for dinner with a simple side salad and fresh fruit.
We also love it with this Easy Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe. I went to a bridal luncheon once where they served several different types of quiche, fruit and salad and it was such a light and tasty meal.
It is also great for breakfast or brunch. This recipe truly is good anytime of day and is simple enough for busy week nights.
What is the secret to a good Quiche?
A good Quiche starts with good ingredients. There are many things that can be added to a quiche and that is why we love it so much. But the secret to getting the perfect quiche with the egg filling.
Make sure that you correctly portion on your egg filling. For each egg you use, pour in a half of cup of milk. To little dairy could dry out your quiche or to much could make it to runny. This ratio will help you have the perfect creamy quiche.
Ingredients for Easy Quiche Recipe
- Refrigerated Pie Crust
- Frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Whole Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooked Ham, diced
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Make sure you have a pie plate for this recipe. If you need a new one, Amazon has several pie plates for a nice deal.
How to make this Easy Quiche Recipe:
- Prepare your oven – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare your pie crust – Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan and crimp the edges of your pie crust.
- Weigh down the center of the pie crust with either pie weights or dry beans so that the crust doesn’t puff up in the center as it bakes.
- Bake the pie crust for 13-15 minutes until the edges are lightly golden brown. Remove the crust and discard the beans.
- Drain Spinach – Place your spinach in a colander and squeeze out as much of the water as possible.
- Mix together egg ingredients – In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt and pepper.
- Layer ingredients – Scatter the spinach out on the bottom of the crust. Top the spinach with the ham and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Top with Egg Mixture – Pour the egg mixture on top of these ingredients in the pie crust.
- Bake the Prepare Quiche – Place quiche on a baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes until the center is completely set.
- Serve and Enjoy – Let the quiche cool for 5-10 minutes to set and then it’s ready to slice and serve.
We love Quiche for Dinner:
My family can eat eggs anytime of the day. We love having breakfast for dinner. This quiche recipe is one of our favorite dinner ideas.
We love to add in ham and different vegetables and cheese. Quiche is always filling and full of flavor.
We love to add a side of fruit or a nice salad for the perfect dinner idea.
Easy Zucchini Quiche Recipe:
Zucchini Quiche is one of my favorite ways to prepare quiche. Adding zucchini to your quiche is healthy and delicious. You can either slice the zucchini or shred the zucchini.
You can add in different cheeses and meats if you prefer. Or have a veggie quiche by adding in some onions and peppers.
How do I make my Quiche Fluffy?
To make the quiche fluffy, make sure you are using the right number of eggs. Using the perfect ration of eggs and milk make the quiche light and fluffy.
If you use to many eggs the quiche can be rubbery and firm.
Tips to make The Best Quiche:
This is one of our favorite go to meals that everyone loves. We make it frequently because it is so easy and filling. Here are some helpful tips to make the best and easiest quiche:
- Blind Bake the Crust – To ensure the crust is done make sure that you bake the crust before adding in the filling. Make sure to put pie weights or beans to keep your crust flat.
- Use the right number of Eggs – Using to many eggs can cause the quiche to be firm and rubbery. For one egg use a half cup of milk. This ensure your quiche will be creamy.
- Added Ingredients are dry – Make sure the added ingredients are dry. If you are adding in mushrooms, make sure to cook them before on the stove. Drain the spinach completely before adding.
- Browning the Quiche – Place the quiche on the bottom rack of your oven. This ensures that the bottom and the top of the quiche gets a golden brown and crispy edges.
- Cooking the Quiche – Don’t overcook the quiche. You want the baked quiche to have a little jiggle to it. It is good to undercook it just a bit.
Can I make quiche ahead of time?
Yes, you can! This is great for Saturday brunch or busy weeks when you have a lot going on. Simply prepare the quiche in advance and enjoy!
We love serving quiche for a Mother’s Day brunch or a baby shower. It pairs perfectly with a side of fruit and bacon
Why we Love this Easy Quiche Recipe:
- Crust – We love that you can use a pre-made pie crust. You can even make it without the crust.
- Mix up the Ingredients – You can add in cooked bacon or ham. Use different vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, onions, or bell peppers.
- Use Different Cheeses – We love to use shredded cheeses that we have on hand. We have even added in pepper jack cheese for a little spice to the mix.
- Change the seasoning – Add in some nutmeg for a surprising depth of flavor. We also like to add in a teaspoon of hot sauce.
Variation Ideas for Quiches Filling:
- Diced Onion and green peppers (sautéed onions) or diced green onions.
- Different cheeses- Try cheddar, pepper jack, goat cheese, colby or parmesan cheese.
- Add diced ham.
- Try ground sausage.
- Add more veggies- squash, tomato, broccoli or egg plant.
How long does a Quiche last?
Quiche will last about 3-4 days if properly stored. Place leftover quiche in a air tight container or wrap with saran wrap or aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator.
Make sure to use fresh ingredients when making quiche as the helps to extend the freshness of your quiche.
How to Reheat Quiche:
To reheat quiche, simply place in a pie plate or baking dish, and reheat at 350 degrees. Bake for about 10 minutes and check to see if it is warm. If not, continuing heating.
You can also place in the microwave, but we recommend heating in the oven.
How to make a Crustless Quiche:
It is very easy to make a crustless quiche. This is a great gluten-free, low carb option. Just simply, do not add the crustless to your quiche. Once you have mix together your egg mixture, pour into a greased pie dish.
Since you do not have a crust, you just need to make sure you egg is the perfect doneness before removing from the oven.
Print this Easy Quiche Recipe below:
Easy Quiche Recipe
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 6 large eggs
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Cooked Ham (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan and crimp the edges of your pie crust. Weigh down the center of the pie crust with either pie weights or dry beans so that the crust doesn't puff up in the center as it bakes. Bake the pie crust for 13-15 minutes until the edges are lightly golden brown. Remove the crust and discard the beans.
- Place your spinach in a colander and squeeze out as much of the water as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt and pepper.
- Scatter the spinach out on the bottom of the crust. Top the spinach with the ham and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of these ingredients in the pie crust.
- Place quiche on a baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes until the center is completely set. Let the quiche cool for 5-10 minutes to set and then it’s ready to slice and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe