This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cracker Barrel Pancakes are the best homemade pancakes. We love that it only requires a few ingredients and we can easily make this copycat recipe at home.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Pancakes Recipe:
This copycat pancake recipe is so delicious and easy to make. The secret ingredient is the buttermilk that is added with other ingredients. The results are the best buttermilk pancakes that only takes minutes to prepare.
We love Cracker Barrel and making copycat Cracker Barrel Recipes. Some of our favorites are Cracker Barrel Potato Potato Casserole, Cracker Barrel Fried Apples, and Cracker Barrel Meatloaf. These recipes are easy to make with simple ingredients.
Pancakes are great for breakfast and for dinner. We love to add many different toppings and always served with a side of bacon or sausage. Save time and money and make this copycat pancakes at home.
- All Purpose Flour (Measured with a spoon, not sifted)
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Low Fat Buttermilk (1% or Less)
- Butter (for cooking)
How to Make Cracker Barrel Pancakes:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – In a medium size bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs. Then stir in the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt and sugar in the egg mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Step 2 – Heat Skillet – Preheat a griddle, cast iron skillet or non stick skillet over medium high heat. Grease with butter.
- Step 3 – Spread batter on skillet – Add the batter to the pan in approximately ½ cup scoops. Spread the batter out into a circle.
- Step 4 – Cook Pancakes – Cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles start to appear at the top of the pancake. Flip the pancake and finish cooking for approximately 2 more minutes until golden brown.
- Step 5 – Continue Cooking – Transfer the pancake to a plate and continue this process until all the batter is used. Make sure to re-butter the griddle or pan before making each pancake.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then serve warm topped with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy.
What is the Trick to Making Good Pancakes?
We love a good pancake recipe and this one makes the best pancakes. But the trick to making the best pancakes are using fresh ingredients.
Other recommendations to making the best pancakes are:
- Using Buttermilk
- Do not over stir the ingredients. Combine the ingredients until well blended.
- Cook on a hot surface
- Serve Warm
- Flip the pancakes once the side is cooked.
How to Make Pancakes Fluffy:
If you like fluffy pancakes, make sure you measure the flour correctly. Add the amount the ingredients indicate and make sure to use buttermilk instead of milk. Make sure to also add in baking powder or baking soda.
Always cook pancakes on a heated hot griddle or electric skillet. This allows the pancakes to cook quickly. The results are fluffy pancakes that everyone loves.
Delicious Pancake Toppings:
Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Pancake are delicious served with just butter and maple syrup. But we recommend trying one of these easy topping to take you pancake or french toast to the next level.
- Fruit – We love serving these pancakes with fresh fruit. Strawberries, blueberries and bananas are my favorites.
- Maple Syrup – We love the classic taste of a maple syrup. You have not purchased real maple syrup, I recommend serving it with these pancakes.
- Butter – These pancakes are perfect served with butter.
- Chocolate Spread – My kids love Nutella as a spread for their pancakes. So I always have that available for a topping.
- Powdered Sugar – Sprinkle the top with powdered with a side of fruit is one of my favorite ways to eat these delicious pancakes.
- Peanut Butter – My son loves peanut butter as a topping. It doesn’t matter if I make pancakes or waffles, peanut butter is his topping of choice.
How to Store Cracker Barrel Pancakes:
Leftover pancakes store great. Refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days or freeze in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
How to Freeze Pancakes:
Freezing pancakes is a perfect way to save time and money. These pancakes can be stored in freezer safe container and placed in the freezer. They will last about 3 months if stored properly.
If you want more tips and tricks on How to Freeze Pancakes and Waffles, you can find all the information here.
Print Recipe here for Cracker Barrel Pancakes:
Cracker Barrel Pancakes
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs. Then stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix until just combined.
- Preheat a griddle, cast iron skillet or non stick skillet over medium high heat. Grease with butter.
- Add the batter to the pan in approximately ½ cup scoops. Spread the batter out into a circle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles start to appear at the top of the pancake. Flip the pancake and finish cooking for approximately 2 more minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate and continue this process until all the batter is used. Make sure to re-butter the griddle or pan before making each pancake.
- Then serve warm topped with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe