Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole is loaded with cheese, hashbrowns and easy to find ingredients. This copycat recipe is creamy, delicious and easy to make.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe:
We love the potato casserole at Cracker Barrel. This creamy and delicious hashbrown casserole is loaded with melty cheese, potatoes and easy to find seasoning. It is easy to make and one of our favorite hashbrown casseroles.
This copycat side dish is the best comfort food. We love to recreate recipes from our favorite restaurants and this one did not disappoint. The ingredients are simple and my family says my recipe taste better.
If you are looking for a cheesy, hot, and packed with flavor side dish, then this is it. This Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole is perfect for all your holiday dinners or a cold night weekend dinner.
Easy Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole:
Making casseroles for my large family is a must. This Potato Casserole only takes minutes to prepare and the results are a hot, cheesy, potato filled casserole. We love to cook it until it is extra brown on top so it is perfectly served with our main dish.
This casserole is perfect served along side ham, chicken, or even fish. But you can even serve it as a brunch option. There is really no wrong time to make this ultimate comfort food side dish. Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole is definitely a crowd pleaser.
- Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- Butter, melted
- Cream of Chicken Soup (10.5 oz can)
- Sour Cream
- White Onion, finely chopped
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
How to Make Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash brown Casserole:
- Prepare Oven and Baking Dish – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking pan or casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Combine Ingredients in a bowl – In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. This includes the hash brown potatoes. Leave about ½ cup of the cheese in a large bowl to top the casserole. Place this mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake Casserole – Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is browned slightly. Then top the casserole with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and Enjoy – Allow the casserole to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Add Bacon – Top the casserole with bacon. Bacon makes everything better.
- Ranch Mix – Mix in a packet of ranch mix with the other ingredients. This gives the potatoes even more flavor.
- Corn Flakes – Top with crushed corn flakes on top for a crunchy texture on top. Add 3 cups cornflakes and ¼ cup melted butter to the top of the casserole before baking. If the cornflakes seem to dry, add another tablespoon of butter.
- Fried Onions – Top with crunchy fried onions on top just like you do on green bean casserole.
- Mix in Vegetables – For added flavor sneak in some vegetables. You can easily add in chopped broccoli or bell peppers.
- Hashbrown options – Use different types of potatoes- shredded, diced or even the ones with veggies in the mix.
- Green Onions – Diced up some green onion to top the casserole. They taste great and look pretty.
- Add in Meat – For a complete meal, you can add in some shredded chicken or ham.
- Spicy Option – If you want a casserole with a little kick, add in some slice jalapenos.
- Change the Cheese – We used cheddar cheese in this recipe. But you can use a mixture of pepper jack cheese or Colby Monterrey Jack cheese for added flavor.
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Tips:
- Thaw Hashbrowns – It is very important to thaw the frozen hash browns before making this casserole. Adding moisture to the casserole is not recommended. We have even dried the hashbrowns with a paper towel to make sure there is no moisture.
- Make Ahead – This casserole can be prepped the night before. Refrigerate and let the casserole come to room temperature before baking.
- Vegan Option – We use cream of chicken soup for this recipe. But if you prefer you can use cream of mushroom or cream of celery. The casserole is still very flavorful.
- Full Fat Sour Cream – When gathering you ingredients, make sure to use full fat sour cream. The casserole will taste better as the flavor will be different if using low fat options.
How to Freeze Hashbrown Casserole:
This potato casserole is the perfect casserole to freezer. Simply make the casserole as directed and pour into a freezer safe container. Then freeze unbaked for up to 3 months.
Once we are ready to serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and then bake.
What to Serve with Hashbrown Casserole:
- Steak Bites – This casserole is great with steak. Add a side of vegetables and you have an easy meal idea.
- Chicken Tenders – I love making bake or fried chicken fingers for a weeknight meal. I prepare this casserole the night before so it is easy side with the chicken.
- Pork Chops – Grill some boneless pork chops and serve this cheesy casserole for an amazing meal idea.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover casserole in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This potato casserole is great leftover. My husband enjoys it for lunch the next day with some chicken. The leftovers heat up great in the microwave and I know he is getting a good lunch at work.
Can I Make in the Crock Pot?
Yes, this hash brown casserole would work great in the crock pot. You don’t even have to change the recipe.
Place the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for about 4 to 5 hours. Once the ingredients are cook, top with cheese. Once the cheese is melted then you can serve.
Cooking time will very, so make sure you check the casserole regularly.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Easy to Make – We love making casseroles is because how it is to throw everything in the casserole dish. There is no fuss or no need to worry about it coming out perfectly.
- Cheesy – There is really nothing better than cheese and hashbrowns with some seasoning poured into a casserole. The casserole comes with hot and melty cheese.
- Perfect for a Crowd – This casserole is perfect for a crowd. It is made in a 9×13 pan which is the perfect size to serve at your holiday dinner or brunch.
- Easy Ingredients – This casserole is budget friendly because how easy the ingredients are. They can easily be found at a grocery store and you probably already have some of them in your pantry now.
More Potato Recipes:
- Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Hamburger and Potato Casserole Recipe
Print Recipe here for Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole:
Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole
- 32 oz Shredded Hash Browns thawed
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5 oz can
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1/2 White Onion finely chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan or casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except ½ cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Place this mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is browned slightly. Then top the casserole with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Allow the casserole to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe