This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole Recipe. Your slow cooker does all the work and you will come home to this cheesy and delicious casserole waiting.
Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
Our entire family goes crazy over Cheesy Tator Tot Casserole. It’s loaded with hearty meat and lots of cheese.
The kids absolutely love it and it is so easy! We have always baked this amazing casserole but recently wanted to try it in the slow cooker.
If you prefer to bake this, try our Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe. However you decide to make this, it is sure to impress!
Slow Cooker Tator Tot casserole recipe is so easy!
If you are in the market for a new crockpot, I love this casserole crock pot. It is perfect for casserole style slow cooker recipes.
I bought mine on Amazon,and I love it. It is perfect for the Holidays and really year round.
Plus, it is just so pretty. We can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on.
If you prefer a traditional style crock pot, I recommend one of the Ninja Cookers. I love these because you can brown the meat in the same pot.
It really cuts down on clean up and that is a plus for busy moms.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
This is especially helpful during busy weeks of school and activities. I’m all about crock pot liners.
If you do not use crock pot liners, I recommend using cooking spray to help with clean up in the slow cooker.
Let’s get started making this easy tater tot casserole!
Ingredients for crock pot tator tot casserole:
- 2 pounds ground beef, browned
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 16 oz package frozen tator tots
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Tater Tot Casserole in the slow cooker:
1. Brown ground beef and add the browned beef to the crock pot.
2. Stir in the cream of mushroom soup, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Top with half of the cheese.
4. Then spread out the frozen tator tops evenly over the crock pot.
5. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Or cook on high but reduce cooking time.
6. 30 minutes before you are ready to eat top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
This easy tator tot casserole crock pot recipe is also very versatile.
You can add a can of cream of mushroom soup and make it more creamy. You can add taco seasoning and a can of rotel or salsa and make it a taco tator tot casserole.
We have even added fresh mushroom. Yum!
Sometimes we add onion or green pepper. I think it gives the ground beef really good flavor and it is a nice way to change it up a bit.
If I dice the onion and pepper really small, the kids don’t know it is in the meat mixture.
I use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop onions. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them.
They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have kids like mine.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
We have even tried Crock Pot Tater Tot casserole with green beans!
The possibilities are endless with this simple tator tot casserole recipe.
Try some of these other ideas for Crock Pot Tater Tot Cheeseburger Casserole:
- Add bacon and make it a bacon cheeseburger tatortot casserole. YUM!
- Try cream of chicken with the meat mixture. (We make Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.)
- Add in the sauce from our Quick and Easy BBQ Sloppy Joes Recipe and make a sloppy joes tator tot casserole
- Try using shredded hash browns instead of tater tots in this casserole.
- Use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- Add sour cream to the meat mixture.
We love trying new things with this easy casserole. It is so delicious and our entire family always gobbles this up.
Everyone will love this Easy Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole Recipe!
Since there are so many delicious ways to fix this tasty casserole, your family will never get tired of it. They will feel like they are eating different recipes.
We absolutely love this recipe and it is so nice coming home to dinner waiting. With 8 kids we are always running somewhere.
Schedules are busy and activities are plentiful. Dinner often gets pushed to the back and take out is tempting.
Try this easy recipe and save time and money!
Print this Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole Recipe below:
Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole
- Brown ground beef and add the browned beef to the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream of mushroom soup, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Then spread out the tator tops evenly over the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Or cook on high but reduce cooking time.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to eat top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Tator tot casseroles
- Easy Beef Enchilada Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
- Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
- Cowboy Casserole Recipe