Today I’m showing you how to make some delicious comfort food in your crock pot. This Crock pot Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe is simply amazing! Everyone loves it and this potato and ground beef casserole is so simple you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
The best crockpot hamburger casserole!
My family can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on. I call this my magical slow cooker because my family can now enjoy comfort food even when it is hotter out side! Woohoo!
Check out this video to see how to make this Crock pot Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe!
Here are some of my favorite casserole recipes that I love making in the crock pot!
- Crock pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Mexican Taco Casserole
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
Can you put ground beef in the crock pot and do you have to pre-brown it?
This is probably the question I get asked all the time. The short is answer is yes and sometimes!
I use ground beef in the crock pot all the time. It’s in some of my favorite crock pot recipes. For this recipe, I do pre-brown the ground beef as breaking it up would destroy the potatoes in this casserole recipe.
However, there are many recipes that I don’t pre-brown. My most popular one is this crock pot taco meat. All the ingredients are throw in raw and pre-browning of the meat is not needed.
However, it is best to remember that when you are not pre-browning ground beef, you’ll want to use a lean cut of beef so that there is not a lot of grease in the crock pot.
What ingredients are needed for this crockpot hamburger potato casserole?
Ok you’re not going to believe how simple this recipe is to make. This is all you need to create this easy casserole recipe!
- Ground Beef
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper
- Shredded Cheese (we used cheddar but any kind would be great too)
How to make a slow cooker hamburger potato casserole:
First brown the ground beef and set it aside.
Then peel and slice potatoes and also set the, aside. We use this easy mandoline slicer to cut our potatoes quickly.
Then in a mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Next spray crock pot casserole dish with non stick spray.
Layer potatoes, beef, soup, and cheese in the crock pot casserole pan. Then repeat until all the ingredients are layered in. Top with remaining cheese.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the potatoes are soft.
Then turn off the crock pot and allow it to cool slightly (about 10 minutes). This will allow the casserole to thicken.
Cut and serve with your favorite vegetable!
Crock pot hamburger potato casserole variation ideas:
This recipe is classic and then you can easy switch it up to make it your own. It tastes similar to potatoes au gratin with beef mixed in! Here are a few ideas to change up this recipe to make it work for your family.
- Try using ground chicken or ground turkey. Some times these are more affordable than ground beef and still taste great in this recipe.
- Substitute the potatoes for frozen hash browns. I use the shredded hash browns and still layer this with the other ingredients. If using shredded hash browns, I would reduce the cooking time by one hours.
- Add in your favorite vegetables to make it a one pot meal! Green beans or peas would be delicious mixed in with this casserole recipe.
What to serve with this easy crock pot hamburger casserole?
This hamburger potato casserole is easy to make and tastes great. It is perfect for summer because you don’t have to turn the oven on, but I know we will love it in the winter too.
Serve it with a side salad or you some steamed broccoli (see how to steam broccoli in the microwave easily) and dinner is that easy!
I can’t wait to hear what you think about this delicious and easy casserole recipe.
Print recipe below for crock pot hamburger casserole recipe today:
Crock pot Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe
- 5 small potatoes
- 1-2 lbs ground beef (browned)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (we used cheddar but any kind would be great too)
- Brown your ground beef and set aside
- Peel and slice potatoes and set aside. We use this easy mandoline slicer to cut our potatoes quickly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Set aside.
- Spraycrock pot casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Layer in the pan, potatoes, beef, soup, and cheese. Then repeat. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place lid on top.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn off the crock pot and allow it to cool slightly (about 10 minutes). This will allow the casserole to thicken.
- Cut and serve with your favorite vegetable
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole Recipe has everything you need for a delicious meal.
Homemade hamburger helper is so easy to fix and better than anything you can buy in the store.