This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole Recipe is so simple to make and creamy and delicious in each bite. Make this easy meal for a dinner your family will go crazy over.
Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole Recipe:
The slow cooker does all of the work in this amazing hamburger hashbrown casserole. You can toss this together quickly in the morning and come home to dinner all ready to enjoy.
The hamburger mixture is so creamy and delicious and one of our favorite comfort food dishes. All of the cheese is melted to perfection to make this simply wonderful.
The frozen hashbrowns make it so easy to toss and go for a quick meal everyone will enjoy. Your family will love this meal and it is very easy to make.
Crock Pot Recommendation:
If you have been in the market for a good crock pot, we recommend the Instant Pot Aura. It has so many different functions such as being up to cook your ground beef to cooking rice. It has become one of our favorite appliances.
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
This is especially helpful during busy weeks of school and activities. These crock pot liners have been a life saver for me.
If you do not use crock pot liners, I recommend using cooking spray to help with clean up in the slow cooker.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Ground Beef Hash brown Casserole:
- Ground Beef
- Package of Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – You can also cream of chicken soup
- Shredded Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese
How to make Hash Brown Casserole with Ground Beef:
- Cook your Ground Beef – Brown your ground beef in olive oil before you put it in the crock pot. If you have a Instant Pot Aura like I do, just brown it right in the same pot.
- Combine Ingredients – Mix the beef, onion, hash browns, milk, cream of mushroom soup, pepper and cheese together in a bowl.
- Add to Crock Pot – Next, add these ingredients to the crock pot. Simple and Easy crock pot meal.
- Cover and Cook – Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Add the Cheese – Top with the left over cheese mixtures for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
- Serve and Enjoy – Your family is going to love this hearty meal.
What to serve with Crockpot Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole:
- Add a Green Salad – Just keep it simple and add a side salad with this casserole dish. It is so easy on busy days to put together a salad to serve.
- Serve with Green Vegetables – You might also like to try these easy Roasted Green Beans or learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish. Both of these only take a few minutes to make. Broccoli is great with a little melted butter on top.
We are all about keeping it simple around here.
Tips for hamburger hash slow cooker recipe:
- This recipe calls for diced onion. One of my favorite time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop onions and peppers. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine.
- It is preferred to put the hash browns in after they have been thawed out. I have done it both ways, but I find that if they are thawed the hash browns cook better.
Variation Ideas for Hash brown Casserole:
This is a great way to stretch your grocery budget. The ground beef is wonderful mixed with the hashbrowns and other delicious ingredients.
- Use Ground Turkey – You can also try using ground turkey instead of ground beef. I have even used a mix of both and it was delicious. I often use what I have on hand or is on sale at the grocery store. Just use what you have.
- Add in diced vegetables – If I have them, I will toss in some green and red bell peppers to sneak in those vegetables.
- Use Different Cheese – Mix in some Pepper Jack Cheese to add a little spice to the casserole.
- Crowd Pleaser – Everyone will love this meal and it is super easy to make. You can easily feed a crowd with this recipe.
- Gluten Free – Make it Gluten Free by making Gluten Free Hamburger Casserole in a baking dish.
Try Hash brown Casserole with Hamburger this week!
This is such a great meal. Try using other types of potatoes in this meal such as diced potatoes or even tater tots. No matter which potatoes you use, it will become a family favorite.
We also like hamburger hash brown casserole with sour cream added to the cream of mushroom soup mixture. We love the creamy texture that it gives. Easy ingredients and easy process makes a great casserole dish.
Print Recipe here for Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole:
Crock Pot Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Mix the beef, onion, hash browns, milk, cream of mushroom soups, pepper and 1 cup of cheese together in a bowl.
- Add these ingredients to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Top with the left over cheese mixtures for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these crock pot casserole recipes:
- Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Crockpot Low Carb Pizza Casserole Recipe