This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Everyone will love these delicious Cranberry Muffins and they are super easy to make. These Cranberry Orange Muffins are bursting with flavor and are perfect for breakfast or a afternoon snack.
Easy Cranberry muffins recipe
You family is going to be so excited for you to try this recipe. Cranberry muffins are so easy to make. We love cranberries and we often don’t see a lot of recipes because of the pumpkin craze.
Cranberry Muffins are the perfect addition to your morning routine or for a fun afternoon snack. Either way, I think your family will love them. Orange zest and cranberry go so good together and these muffins really helps to bring the combination together.
Fresh Cranberry Muffins
We love that these cranberry muffins are bursting with cranberry in every bite and that combination orange flavor just really completes this muffin.
The ingredients are really simple – most of which you probably have in your pantry. The only thing you might not have is the cranberries, but you can pick some of those quickly.
It seems cranberries are always on sale during the holidays and it’s the perfect time to make these tasty muffins.We like to make these around the holidays when we can get cranberries for really cheap.
Tips for cranberry orange muffins recipe:
- Now you can easily use muffin paper cups for your muffins if you want, but we started using these silicone baking muffin pans and we love them. You don’t have to use cupcake liners and the muffins just slide right out without sticking.
- Also, instead of just spooning enough batter into each muffin cup, I love to use a large baking scoop. This is so quick and easy and delivers the perfect amount of batter every time. Once you use a scoop for spoon in your muffin batter you will never got back to the boring spoons.
- I love adding a little glaze to these muffins. The orange glaze, add that additional orange flavor that I love.
Skip the bakery:
As you know, I love making homemade food items. Yes, it is nice every once in awhile to treat yourself to a muffin or a cookie from your local bakery.
Here are some reasons why making these muffins are better:
- We love this recipe because there are no fancy ingredients. Simple ingredients that you probably already have at home and simple process. No added ingredients that you can’t spell are needed to make these muffins taste great.
- These muffins are so moist and simply put, taste amazing!
- Making them at home allows you to monitor how much or how little you put in. I like putting a lot of cranberries in the muffins because they are just so good.
Cranberry orange muffins ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Orange Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Cranberries – Fresh or Frozen
How to make cranberry muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375. Next, line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix together the dry ingredients – flour, brown sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat together eggs, orange juice and oil. Occasionally, I will add in some vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients into the flour mixture ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. I like adding in a few extra cranberries for on top of the muffins before placing them in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Can you use dried cranberries instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use dried cranberries. I like to softened them a bit by I place them in some hot water. Then I pat them dry with a paper towel before placing them in the batter.
I typically use fresh around the holidays when they are on sale and dried during the other times of the year. Using dried cranberries you might notice that they dried cranberries are a bit chewy. Also are a little sweeter than fresh cranberries.
Can I use Frozen Cranberries?
Yes, you can use frozen cranberries. The best part is that you do not have to thaw them before using them in this muffin recipe.
You just toss them in the muffin batter and continue baking them.
Do you have to cook cranberries before baking?
No! Just toss them in the muffin mixture. Since you are putting them in these muffins, no need to cook them. You want your cranberries to be sweet and tart.
If you are using them for something other than baking, then you would need to cook them on your stove top.
Great for gift giving!
We love making homemade gifts. Muffins, cookies, or fudge are the perfect homemade items to give as gifts. We have so many people outside of our family to buy for and this makes it easy to give a gift without breaking the budget.
These muffins are perfect to make ahead of time. Rather you are making a batch to give out to your kids teachers or planning for breakfast for the week ahead, these are the best option.
Can you freeze?
Yes. This muffin recipe is a great option to prepare when meal planning. You would simply put the muffins in a freeze safe container or ziplock back and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. I like to label the container and date it so I know that it is and when I placed it in the freezer.
Once you are ready to have a muffin, pull out how many you want to eat and let them thaw out in the refrigerator overnight. If I have time, I might pop them in the oven for a few minutes to give it that fresh out of the oven taste.
Before placing in the freeze, make sure that your muffins are at room temperature.
Everyone will love cranberry orange muffins!
We really love these muffins and they combination of orange and cranberry taste amazing together. Give it a try and let us know how you like them.
You can also make mini muffins. These would be fun for a party or really any time! If you don’t have a mini-muffin pan, I highly suggest you get one.
How to store:
We love to meal plan for the week. Which often includes breakfast items for my family. You can make these muffins and store them in a airtight container for up to 3 days. Or you can put them in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Then you can microwave them or put them in the oven for about 5 minutes to heat them up.
Print this easy and delicious cranberry muffins recipe below:
Easy Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat together eggs. orange juice and oil.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
You might also like this Chocolate chip mini muffins recipe that is super easy and freezer friendly.