If you are looking for a refreshing drink, this Blueberry Lemonade is it. Easy to make lemonade and made with fresh blueberries.
Blueberry Lemonade Recipe:
This Blueberry Lemonade is so refreshing. It is made with 4 simple ingredients and no simple syrup is needed. Just blend the 4 ingredients in a blender and the results are delicious lemonade to enjoy all summer long.
This sweet and tangy drink is just what you need to beat the heat. You can pour it over ice or just drink it as is. We have even froze it in popsicle molds. Skip the store bought frozen concentrated options, when you can make this delicious treat.
Making fresh, homemade blueberry lemonade allows you to change the ingredients. Premade lemonade tends to be more tart so and has added ingredients that are not necessary. Just a simple lemonade recipe that is always a family favorite.
- Cold water, divided
- Fresh blueberries
- Lemon juice
- White Granulated Sugar
How to Make Blueberry Lemonade:
- Step 1 – Blend Water and Blueberries – Combine the 1 ½ cup of fresh blueberries with 4 cups of water. Blend them in a food processor or blender until smooth and homogenous.
- Step 2 – Combine blueberry, sugar and lemon juice – Pour the blueberry mixture into a large pitcher. Then add the lemon juice, sugar, and remaining water. Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Step 3 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Blueberries – If you do not have fresh blueberries, use frozen ones that have been thawed in the fridge. You do not want them to be frozen when you blend them.
- Lemon Juice – I recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you do not have fresh lemons, you can use bottled lemon juice instead.
- Storing Blueberry Lemonade – You can store this lemonade in the fridge for up to one week.
- Puree Blueberries – To puree the blueberries you can add the raspberries to either a food processor or a blender.
- Combining the Ingredients – Once you have blended the blueberries and water and then mixed with the other ingredients. Make sure to combine thoroughly.
- Taste as you go – We recommend tasting the lemonade as you go. You can always add in more sugar, lemon juice or water depending on your preference.
- Blender – We recommend using a Vitamix blender to combine the ingredients. It always makes the perfect consistency and texture. But you can use whatever blender you have.
- Serving – Since this is a special drink, we like to serve in fun mason jars. You can add in some frozen blueberries for an eye pleasing drink.
How to Serve Lemonade:
- Punch Bowl – It is the perfect drink for birthday parties, baby showers and more. Just pour the lemonade into a punch bowl. I often add in fresh lemons and blueberries.
- Glass pitcher – Pour the lemonade into a serving pitcher. It’s perfect for entertaining or just to use at home. We love lemonade and this recipe is a favorite around here.
Blueberry Lemonade Variations:
- Make Popsicles – You can also pour this lemonade into a popsicle mold for a yummy frozen treat.
- Sparkling Water – If you want to get real fancy, use sparkling water to mix with the ingredients instead of regular water.
- Adult Drink Recipes – The blueberry and lemonade combination would be delicious with some vodka or gin. Lemon blueberry lemonade with added alcohol is perfect for all your adult parties.
- Change the fruit – You can easily change the blueberries to blackberries, raspberries or strawberries.
- Honey – In this recipe, you can easily use honey instead of sugar. You can also swap the sugar for other natural sweeteners.
- Blueberry Syrup – You do not need blueberry simple syrup to make this recipe. But you can definitely add it for more flavor.
Other Lemonade Combination:
We love making Homemade Lemonade. It is always refreshing and making it homemade allows you to control the ingredients which makes them healthy. Here are some of our favorites.
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Blueberry Lemonade
How Long will Blueberry Lemonade last:
This lemonade will be good in the fridge for about 6 days. Once we make the lemonade, we pour into a glass pitcher and cover it. Place in the refrigerator to enjoy all week long.
How to Strain Blueberries:
After blending the fresh blueberries, you can strain the blueberries. Blend the blueberries and water in a blender. We love using our Vitamix blender as it blends the ingredients perfectly and the right consistency.
After finishing blending the blueberries and water there could be some pulp. If you prefer a pulp free lemonade, use a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds. This allows you to get that smooth texture, almost like syrup.
You may even have to use a spatula to really force any seeds to be removed from the puree mixture.
Easy Blueberry Lemonade Recipe:
This is the perfect drink for every occasion. We love to make it for for bridal luncheons, baby showers, birthday parties and more.
It is a must try and so quick and easy. This drink is also pretty in a drink dispenser. The colors are so vibrant and pretty. This Blueberry Lemonade is so delicious and is always a crowd pleaser.
Print Recipe here for Blueberry Lemonade:
- 8 cups cold water divided
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- Combine the blueberries with 4 cups of water and blend them in a food processor or blender until smooth and homogenous.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into a large pitcher and add the lemon juice, sugar, and remaining water. Stir the mixture until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe