This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding is loaded with pumpkin flavor. It is one of the best fall desserts to make this season. Creamy, delicious and easy to make.
Easy Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe:
This bread pudding has a similar texture as a pumpkin custard. Bread cubes are layered in a baking dish and covered with pumpkin mixture. It is an amazing fall dessert and perfect served with ice cream.
This bread pudding is baked perfectly with a crispy texture with a creamy center. It is amazing served as a side dish or as a dessert. This is an amazing dish to bring this Thanksgiving holiday.
This bread pudding can easily be made with different types of bread or pick up fresh bread from your local bakery. This bread pudding is easy to put together with simple ingredients.
What is the Best Bread for Bread Pudding?
This bread pudding can be made with different types of bread. We recommend using leftover bread or slightly dried bread for the best texture. These are some of our favorite options.
- Sourdough Bread
- Wheat Bread
- Brown Sugar (packed)
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs (beaten)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Half and Half
- Whole Milk
- Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
- Vanilla Extract
- Loaf Crusty French Bread (16 ounces)
- Caramel Sauce (for serving)
How to Make Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then spray a 9X13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Combine Spices – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Step 3 – Add In Ingredients – The whisk in the beaten eggs. Stir in the half and half, milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Step 4 – Dice Bread – Dice the bread into 1-inch cubes and place them in a large bowl.
- Step 5 – Mix bread – Pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread pieces. Then gently toss them to coat the bread in the pumpkin mixture. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes for the bread to soak up the mixture.
- Step 6 – Pour Mixture into Pan – Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread it out to be as evenly as possible.
- Step 7 – Cover and Bake – Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes to 40 minutes in preheated oven. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the top is browned and the bread pudding is set. Bake until knife inserted center comes out clean.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve with the caramel sauce drizzled on top and enjoy.
Bread Pudding with Pumpkin Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Baking Dish – Spray the baking dish with cooking spray for easy clean up and for serving.
- Dice Bread – Dice the bread in small cubes. You can tear them apart or you can cut the bread on a cutting board.
- Soak Mixture – Allow the mixture to soak in the pumpkin mixture for at least 10 minutes. This helps to give the bread so much flavor.
- Baking Cake – Bake the cake covered with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning. Then for the last 10 minutes and uncovered. This allows for the bread to have amazing crispy texture.
- Serving – This bread pudding is best served warm but can also be cooled to room temperature.
Bread Pudding Recipe Pumpkin Variation Ideas:
- Bread Variations – Feel free to use different types of bread. This is the perfect recipe to use leftover bread.
- Make Ahead – This easy dish can be made days in advance and baked when ready to use. Simply assemble it all together in the baking dish and refrigerate the day before. Then bake as normal.
- Pumpkin Puree – Make sure to buy plain pumpkin puree and not the pumpkin pie mix. The mix has lots of added seasonings that you don’t want so it’s best to buy plain pumpkin puree.
- Nuts – Try adding chopped walnuts or pecans to the bread pudding mixture before baking. It adds a nice crunch and gives it even more flavor.
- Heavy Cream – Substitute heavy cream for the half and half for a slightly richer taste.
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice. Anyone can easily make homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of buying store bought. It is simple to blend the cinnamon nutmeg and other spices together.
- Extra liquid. If you prefer your bread pudding more wet, add an extra ½ cup of liquid. You can use milk, heavy cream or half and half.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. Adding in teaspoon ground cinnamon and mixing with teaspoon ground cloves. The combination is delicious but also add in ginger.
- Dried Fruit – Raisins taste delicious in this bread pudding. You can also add in cranberries.
How to Serve Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
Pumpkin bread pudding is delicious served by itself but you can also serve with one of these options. We do recommend serving warm.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramal Sauce
- Powdered Sugar Glaze
- Whipped Cream
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Print Recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9X13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- The whisk in the beaten eggs. Stir in the half and half, milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Dice the bread into 1 inch pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread pieces and gently toss them to coat the bread in the pumpkin mixture. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes for the bread to soak up the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread it out to be as evenly as possible.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the top is browned and the bread pudding is set.
- Serve with the caramel sauce drizzled on top and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe