I have a delicious and easy breakfast recipe for you today – Baked Pumpkin Pancakes! They are basically pancakes that are baked in a casserole dish. How smart is that?
Baked pumpkin pancakes
These are so easy to make and packed with flavor! Plus, all of that pumpkin flavor!
You are seriously not going to believe how easy and how delicious these pumpkin pancakes are!
They taste just like pancakes, but are done in a fraction of the time and they are ready all at the same time. No more flipping needed. This is great for my big ‘ol family.
This baked pumpkin pancakes recipe is just as easy and delicious. Plus, baked pumpkin pancakes are a perfect Fall breakfast that will leave your family asking for more!
What equipment is needed to make these Sheet pan pumpkin pancakes?
There aren’t very many tools you need to recreate this baked pumpkin pancakes recipe, but I do love my Pyrex dish. It is versatile, cooks evenly and is easy to clean.
I have cooked this in a regular metal 9×13 cake pan and it just isn’t the same. Definitely stick with the pyrex dish.
Anyway, back to the recipe… I would love for you to try these baked pumpkin pancakes the next time you need a tasty breakfast in a pinch. I am confident your family will love these as much as mine did!
You only need a few classic ingredients to make these delicious easy pancakes!
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Melted Butter
- Pure Pumpkin
How to make baked pumpkin pancakes:
I love how easy it is to make these delicious and easy pumpkin baked pancake recipe!
First preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non stick cooking spray or line the pan with parchment paper.
Then in a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients from the recipe: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set this bowl aside.
After this, melt the butter in a separate bowl and then stir in all the other wet ingredients: milk, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
Next slowly add in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until the ingredients are just combined and be careful to not over mix the ingredients.
Pour the pancake batter into the 9X13 baking pan and then bake pancakes uncovered 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Serve warm, topped with your favorite pancake toppings (like maple syrup or whipped cream) and enjoy!
Easy substitutions for Oven baked pumpkin pancakes:
Here are a few substitutions that you can use for this recipe in case you’re out of one of the ingredients!
- Sugar – You can use brown sugar is you’re out of granulated sugar.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – If you’re out, you can make your own! We love homemade pumpkin pie spice.
- Flour – You can use 1:1 gluten free flour to make these gluten free.
- Pure Pumpkin – If you cannot find the canned option, you can make your own! This easy recipe for pumpkin puree is delicious and simple to make.
- You can also make pumpkin sheet pan pancakes by pouring the pancake batter in a parchment lined sheet pan instead of the 9X13 baking dish. If you decide to make this sheet pan pancakes recipe, you’ll need to reduce the cooking time in half as the pancakes will be thinner and will cook faster.
These are delicious!
We love eating these baked pumpkin pancakes with powdered sugar, but they are tasty with butter and maple syrup too.
Give this easy recipe a try. Just put in the oven and wait for it to cook. No flipping pancakes required!
I’d love to hear what your family thinks of them! Enjoy.
Make sure you also try our yummy pumpkin pancakes recipe.
Print this baked pumpkin pancakes recipe:
Baked Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 9×13 glass pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together dry ingredients; flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter. Then gradually stir together all wet ingredients: melted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and pure pumpkin.
- Once wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed, slowly add in dry ingredients, stirring until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into prepared dish (the batter will be thick). Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm topped with butter and syrup. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy pumpkin recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Granola Recipe
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Muffin with Cinnamon Streusel
- Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
My family LOVED these pancakes. The whole pan was gone in one day. Thank you so much for the recipe!
I would give this 10 stars! I really rely on reviews when making new recipes so I’m sad to see just one other review so far! I really, my family really, we all really needed pumpkin pancakes for brunch but after making 6 other dishes today, I needed pumpkin pancakes to be easier and still just as delicious! THIS WAS IT!! THIS RECIPE WAS FANTASTIC, EASY, AND PERFECT! I really needed a baked, fluffy pancake recipe that wasn’t eggy. My picky eater would not have eaten an eggy pancake! I actually think it’s really versatile as a dessert bar, especially if you added a fluffy sweet cream cheese frosting to them! Or just as excellent with just butter, or butter and a bit of powdered sugar, and fantastic with salted butter and real maple syrup! We tried it all except the frosting and I will be mustering up the energy for that later! Will be saving this recipe as a favorite. Eating my baked pumpkin pancake, drinking my pumpkin spiced coffee….yep, I in love with great pumpkin anything! Make this already!
Thanks for sharing Sara!
This is basically raw and I have no idea why. I just keep adding time and it doesn’t look like it cooked at all.
I’m not really sure. The appearance doesn’t look much difference once it’s cooked so I would try it. Ours was done is about 22 minutes. Thanks.