This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you love making homemade bread, then you need to make Libby’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe. It is full of pumpkin flavor and the perfect bread to enjoy this fall.
Libby’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe Moist:
This pumpkin bread recipe is one of our favorites. This homemade pumpkin bread is soft, moist, and the perfect combination of warm flavors. You will love the flavors and the perfect bread to make during the fall weather.
The warm spices and the pumpkin flavors feels your home when you bake this bread. The soft texture makes it perfect to make for all your holiday plans. This pumpkin mixture ingredients are combined easily and poured into 4-inch loaf pans.
Feel free to add a cream cheese frosting and then sliced for dessert or breakfast. This quick bread is always a crowd favorite and you can easily add in raisins, nuts or chocolate chips.
- All Purpose Flour
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ground Nutmeg
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Large Eggs
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Pumpkin Purée
How to Make Libby’s Pumpkin Bread:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9X5 loaf pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Mix Dry Ingredients – In a large bowl whisk together the flour, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix nutmeg, baking powder, or baking soda and salt.
- Step 3 – Stir in Wet Ingredients – Stir in the ½ cup oil, eggs, sugar and pumpkin purée. Mix until thoroughly combined with a spoon.
- Step 4 – Pour in Loaf Pan – Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Step 5 – Bake Pumpkin Bread – Bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Step 6 – Cool Bread – Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Carefully remove the bread from the loaf pan. Slice, serve and enjoy.
Why is my Pumpkin Bread Dry?
There are many reason why your pumpkin bread may be dry. These tips will help you to create a moist pumpkin bread.
- Measure Ingredients – Make sure that you add the exact ingredients according to how the recipe indicates. If you add to much flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture than that cause the bread to be dry.
- Overmixing the Ingredients – We recommend to combine the ingredients until the mixture is just combine. Sift together flour, baking powder, or baking soda and salt with the wet ingredients.
- Baking the Bread – Bake the bread until it is done. If you bake the bread to long it could cause the bread to be dry.
Copycat Lilly’s Pumpkin Bread Tips:
- Prepare Loaf Pan – For ease of removing the pumpkin bread from the loaf pan. You can also line it with parchment paper. We used cooking spray but parchment works too.
- Prevent Top from Burning – To prevent the top of the pumpkin bread from burning. You can place a piece of aluminum foil over the top. This allows the bread to remain cooking without burning the top.
- Over Mixing Batter – Just mix ingredients until well blended. The pumpkin batter will be a little lumpy.
- Cool Completely – We recommend letting the bread cool completely before slicing.
- Adding Eggs – We like to add eggs one at a time. Then mix with the wet ingredients. Then add in another to combine flour.
- Pumpkin Puree – Make sure to use pumpkin puree instead pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling doesn’t work in this recipe.
- Sugar – We used white sugar in this recipe but you can use brown sugar. We love to add in a tsp of ground cinnamon with the sugar for a deeper flavor.
- Add-Ins – This pumpkin bread recipe is a base recipe. You can add in chocolate chips, nuts, or dried cranberries.
- Frosting – You can add a cream cheese frosting when serving. But we also love to serve with butter for a delicious fall dessert.
- Loaf Pan – We used a 4 inch or a 5-inch loaf pan for this recipe. But feel free to make this recipe in mini loaf pans. You can also make muffins out of this pumpkin bread. Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
How Long do you leave Bread in the Pan after Baking?
We recommend leaving the baked pumpkin bread in the pan for about 10 minutes. This makes sure that it finishes cooking and it allows it to cool in the pan. After this time, place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Can I Freeze Libby’s Recipe for Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, you can freeze pumpkin bread to enjoy through out the year. It freezes well and you can enjoy it for up to 3 months if stored properly.
- Slice cooked pumpkin bread in individual slices. You can freeze the whole loaf but we like to freeze slices so it is easier to thaw. This way you can take out individual slices.
- Wrap the slices in plastic wrap and foil and place in an air tight freezer bag.
- Date the bag so that you can eat it in a timely manner.
- Thaw on the counter or in the refrigerator and you can enjoy freshly made bread all year long.
- See Can you Freeze Pumpkin Bread
Why is my bread gummy inside?
If you slice into your bread and it is gummy inside, the bread needs to baked longer. Place the bread back in the oven and top with foil. This will allow the center to finish cooking without burning the outer crust.
How to Store Pumpkin Bread Recipe Libby’s:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. You can also store in the refrigerator and just heat in the microwave when you are ready for a slice.
This bread would be prefect to make for gifts. You can easily wrap up and give to neighbors, friends, kids teachers. They all love receiving homemade bread. It is delicious, budget friendly and easy to make.
Print Recipe for Copycat Lilly’s Pumpkin Bread:
Libby’s Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9X5 loaf pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the vegetable oil, eggs, sugar and pumpkin purée. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack.
- Carefully remove the bread from the loaf pan. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Homemade Bread Recipes:
- Easy Homemade Artisan Bread Recipe
- Easy Homemade Banana Bread Recipe
- Quick 30 Minute Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread