Crockpot Creamed Corn is the best comfort food and so creamy and delicious. The slow cooker makes it easy and the results are yummy!
CROCKPOT CREAMED CORN
Corn is a favorite side dish around here. Creamed corn is always a hit and my family gobbles it up. It is just so creamy and tastes amazing.
I recently started making it in the crock pot and everyone really enjoyed it. It was not hard at all and I think you will be pleased how effortless this side dish is.
Plus, it tastes better than what you buy in the store. It is richer and just really amazing. It is a must try!
Is Cream Style Corn the same as creamed corn?
You might hear this type of corn called cream style corn or creamed corn. They are both the same things.
Sometimes the difference in name can be regional or just what you grew up calling it.
Either way, it is the same thing.
Ingredients for crockpot creamed corn
- cans of Corn – drained
- cream cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Salt and pepper
How to make slow cooker creamed corn:
First, drain the cans of corn and put in the slow cooker.
Second, add the milk, sugar, salt and pepper into the slow cooker crockpot. Stir everything together so it is well combined.
Next, dice the cream cheese and cut the butter into thin slices. Put this on top of everything else in the crock pot.
Finally, place the lid on and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours. You want the butter and cheese melted.
The last step is to uncover and the stir everything together.
- We made this recipe is a 4 quart crock pot. However this can easily be made in a 6 quart crock pot too.
- You can substitute fresh corn for canned corn. Often in the summer when corn on the cob is on sale, we use that and just take the corn off the cob to use.
- Frozen corn- You can also substitute a bag of frozen corn if you prefer to use that.
- This recipe easily doubles. It is a great dish for a potluck or holiday.
- Garnish with green onions if you want to add a pop of color.
- It is best to use regular cream cheese and not reduced fat cream cheese.
How do you make creamed corn thicker?
If the creamed corn is not thick enough, you can add equal parts cold water and cornstarch. Just mix in a small bowl before adding to the crockpot. Combine with the ingredients and let simmer a few more minutes.
What goes with creamed corn?
Corn is delicious with so many different things. These are a few of our favorites.
Slow cooker creamed corn is an easy side dish!
I can’t wait for you to try this delicious crock pot creamed corn. It is great for Thanksgiving dinner but easy enough for any day of the week.
Our family loved this veggie and I think you will too. Cooking the corn is super easy and the results are delicious.
Once you make this homemade creamed corn, you will see how much better it is than the canned stuff. It is richer and tastier and all around better!
Please come back and leave a comment once you try it. I can’t wait to hear how it turned out for you.
Print this CROCKPOT CREAMED CORN recipe:
Crock pot Creamed Corn
- 3 cans of Corn 15 oz cans – drained
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter cut into thin slices
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Place the drained corn in the slow cooker. Add the milk, sugar, salt and pepper into the slow cooker. Gently stir to combine these ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Place the diced up cream cheese and butter on top of these ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours until the butter and cheese are melted.
- Uncover and the stir all the ingredients together.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe