This easy creamed corn recipe is rich and creamy. It is better than store bought but super easy to make.
Easy creamed corn recipe
Creamed corn is one of my favorite comfort foods. I used to grab the cans at the store but recently started making it at home.
It’s a game changer! Talk about a difference. Yum!
The flavor is just really rich and you can tell a huge difference in making this from scratch. It is worth the extra effort but I promise it is super easy. You don’t need much time at all!
We make this during the week but also make it for holidays. It is something everyone expects me to make at Thanksgiving.
If you need a crowd pleaser, this is the recipe to try.
What is the difference between creamed corn and regular corn?
Regular corn is just corn kernels. Nothing else.
Creamed corn has a cream sauce with the corn. They taste very different because of the sauce in the creamed corn.
Even if you are not a huge fan of corn or have kids that are hesitant, try this recipe for creamed corn. I know people that really don’t like corn but love the cream style version.
It’s really so delicious.
Ingredients for creamed corn
- cream cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Salt and pepper
How to make creamed corn:
First, place the corn, milk, sugar, salt and paper in a medium size sauce pan. Now, stir everything together.
Second, add in the cream cheese and butter. I like to cube the cream cheese and thinly slice the butter.
Next, heat over medium high heat. Make sure to stir frequently until the cream cheese and butter are fully melted. Also, make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
It is that simple. Top with fresh cracked pepper and enjoy!
Our family loves this and I think you will too. It is the best.
- If you want your sauce to be thicker for your creamed corn, make a corn starch slurry. Just combined 1/4 cup water and 2 Tbsp of cornstarch into a small bowl. Stir this mixture into your cream corn and heat for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Easy!
- You can substitute fresh corn for canned corn. If you have an abundance of corn on the cob, feel free to use that. Just take off the cob and make this yummy recipe.
- The Frozen bags of corn can also be used. You just may need to adjust your cooking time for the frozen corn. Frozen often requires more time to cook.
- Creamed corn is frugal and doubles easily. Try making it for potlucks or holidays.
- We prefer regular cream cheese and not reduced fat cream cheese.
- Try adding parmesan cheese to the corn for a different taste. It is really good too.
This Easy Creamed corn is delicious.
You are going to love this. It is one of our favorite corn recipes. Homemade cream corn is so tasty and always a crowd pleaser.
I love that this dish can easily be prepared even on busy weeknights but it is special enough for holidays or big family dinners. Creamed corn is also really frugal.
If you need a side dish that everyone will enjoy but not cost a fortune, try this. It is seriously amazing and very budget friendly!
Print this easy recipe for creamed corn:
This easy creamed corn recipe is rich and creamy. It is better than store bought but super easy to make. Give it a try.
- 3 cans of Corn 15 oz cans – drained
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter cut into thin slices
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Place the corn, milk, sugar, salt and paper in a medium size sauce pan. Stir to combine all these ingredients.
Add in the diced up cream cheese and butter.
Heat over medium high heat stirring frequently until the cream cheese and butter are fully melted and all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Serve topped with fresh cracked pepper and enjoy!