This easy creamed corn recipe is rich and creamy. It is better than store bought but super easy to make.
Best creamed corn recipe
Creamed corn is one of my favorite comfort foods. I used to grab the cans at the store but recently started making it at home.
It’s a game changer. Talk about a difference. Yum!
The flavor is just really rich and you can tell a huge difference in making this from scratch. It is worth the extra effort but I promise it is super easy. You will be amazed that it doesn’t take much extra time.
We make this during the week but also make it for holidays. It is something everyone expects me to make at Thanksgiving. If you need a crowd pleaser, this is the recipe to try.
Homemade Creamed Corn:
We love corn at my house. Rather it is whole kernel corn or corn on the cob my family will leave no leftovers. You can make this recipe with canned corn, frozen corn or off the cob corn.
We love how easy it is to make and it is so much better than the canned creamed corn. The ingredients are simple and you probably have everything you need to make it tonight!
The perfect side dish rather it is for your family dinner or for your holiday event, it is sure to please a crowd.
What is Creamed Corn?
We make our creamed style corn with corn kernels that is mixed in a cream cheese based sauce. There are different ways you can make creamed corn, but this recipe is simple and anyone can make it.
Canned creamed corn tends to be on the sweeter side, but I love that this recipe combines all the ingredients perfectly so that has just the right sweetness. Everyone really enjoys it and comes back for more.
A Family Favorite!
Even if you are not a huge fan of corn or have kids that are hesitant, try this recipe for creamed corn. Some of my friends and family that really don’t like corn but love the cream style version.
It’s really so delicious.
Ingredients for Homemade Creamed Corn
- cream cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Salt and pepper
How to make creamed corn:
- First, place the sweet corn, milk, sugar, salt and paper in a medium size sauce pan or a large skillet. Now, stir everything together.
- Second, add in the cream cheese and butter. I like to cube the cream cheese and thinly slice the butter.
- Next, heat over medium high heat. While it is cooking, stirring frequently until the cream cheese and butter are fully melted. Also, make sure the corn mixture ingredients are thoroughly combined.
It is that simple. Top with fresh cracked pepper and enjoy! Our family loves this and I think you will too. It is the best.
- If you want your sauce to be thicker for your creamed corn, make a corn starch slurry. Just combined ¼ cup water and 2 Tbsp of cornstarch into a small bowl. Stir this mixture into your cream corn and heat for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Easy!
- You can substitute fresh corn for canned corn. If you have an abundance of corn on the cob, feel free to use that. Just take off the cob and make this yummy recipe.
- The Frozen bags of corn can also be used. You just may need to adjust your cooking time for the frozen corn. Frozen often requires more time to cook.
- Creamed corn is frugal and doubles easily. Try making it for potlucks or holidays.
- We prefer regular cream cheese and not reduced fat cream cheese. You could also use heavy cream.
- Try adding parmesan cheese to the corn for a different taste. It is really good too.
- You can also top with some chopped bacon.
- Want a little more spice, you can add some slice jalapeño’s.
Can you make this recipe in the crockpot?
Yes! I have put this creamed corn recipe in the crockpot just for the simple fact, I can let the crock pot do all the work for me. No need to worry that everything isn’t melting or having to continually stir the ingredients.
You can cook easy creamed corn for about 2-3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
Whichever you prefer, this recipe comes out perfectly and everyone will come back for more!
How to store:
Creamed corn can easily store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container to keep the freshness of the cream corn.
How to freeze:
Do you know that you can also freeze your creamed corn? As long as you freeze it in freezer safe container than it will last up to about 6 months.
The Best Creamed corn recipe is delicious.
You are going to love this. It is one of our favorite corn recipes. Homemade cream corn is so tasty and always a crowd pleaser.
I love that this dish can easily be prepared even on busy weeknights but it is special enough for holidays or big family dinners. Creamed corn is also really frugal.
If you need a side dish that everyone will enjoy but not cost a fortune, try this. It is seriously amazing and very budget friendly!
Print this easy recipe for creamed corn:
Easy Creamed Corn
- 3 cans of Corn 15 oz cans – drained
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter cut into thin slices
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Place the corn, milk, sugar, salt and paper in a medium size sauce pan. Stir to combine all these ingredients.
- Add in the diced up cream cheese and butter.
- Heat over medium high heat stirring frequently until the cream cheese and butter are fully melted and all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Serve topped with fresh cracked pepper and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe