This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This colorful Corn Salad is perfect for all your summer BBQ’s. It is made with fresh corn and loaded with flavor. Mix with a simple dressing to make this salad so delicious.
If you are looking for a light and refreshing salad to make this summer. This Mexican Street Corn Salad is the one to make. It is loaded with fresh vegetables, fresh herbs and then mixed with a simple dressing.
Table of Contents
What is the Best Corn to Use?
In this recipe we recommend using fresh corn off of corn on the cob. You can use frozen corn, if you prefer but you may need to cook before mixing with the ingredients.
Make sure to rinse with cold water before combining.
For the Salad
- Sweet Corn Kernels (4 Corn on the Cobs)
- Cherry Tomatoes (quartered)
- Small Cucumber (peeled and diced)
- Red Onion (diced)
- Fresh Basil (chopped)
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Feta Cheese (crumbled)
For the Dressing
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemon (juiced)
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe in the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions
- Cooking Corn – We usually boil the corn on the cob but you can grill the corn if you prefer. This will give is that smoky grilled flavor to the salad. Great way to use up leftover grilled corn.
- Avocado – If you have an ripe avocado, dice it up and add it to the corn salad. It adds so much flavor and avocado is so delicious. Green onion and Red bell pepper is also a good addition to this salad.
- Dried Spices – We love using fresh herbs, but you can still make this recipe with dried spices if you prefer. Substitute fresh with 1 tablespoon of dried parsley and 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- Add Meat – For a hearty dish or a complete meal, add in some protein. You can easily add in leftover chicken, kidney beans or chickpeas.
- Creamy Dressing – To make a creamy dressing, add in mayonnaise with the other dressing ingredients. You can even mix in sour cream.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add in paprika or chili powder in with the dressing ingredients. I love to serve with black pepper, salt and fresh squeeze lime juice.
- Top the Salad – Top this salad with fresh cilantro, cotija cheese or parmesan for added flavor.
- Change Ingredients – I love this corn salad ingredients but you can easily make it without onions or tomatoes. Change the ingredients to what you prefer.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Combine Dressing Ingredients – Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the salt ingredients.
- Step 2 – Boil Corn – Boil the corn in a large pot of water for approximately 3 minutes. Once the corn has cooled, remove the kernels from the corn. Place the kernels in a large bowl.
- Step 3 – Add in additional ingredients – Stir in the remaining salad ingredients.
- Step 4 – Mix with Dressing – Pour the dressing mixture over the salad. Gently toss the ingredients to coat with the dressing.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve cold and enjoy. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- Type of Corn – We think this salad is best made with fresh corn.
- Prepare Fresh Ingredients – Prepare your ingredients ahead of time and bite size pieces. I like to try keep the vegetables the same size to easily serve and enjoy.
- Cooking Corn – Make sure to not overcook the corn. It best to cook for a few minutes for best results. This keeps the corn with a fresh taste and its nutrients. You can easily prepare the corn ahead of time.
- Cut the Corn – If you are looking for tips on how to cut the corn off the cob. Check out these tips and tricks.
Can I Make Corn Salad in Advance?
Yes, you can prepare this corn salad in advance. The way I would recommend preparing is cooking the corn and chopping your vegetables. You can combine all of these ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate.
Once you are ready to serve then pour the dressing over the top to serve. Make sure to serve within 2 hours of mixing with the dressing.
What to Serve with Corn Salad
This corn salad is the perfect side dish for all your summertime BBQ’s. The ingredients that make up this salad taste the best when purchased in the summer. These are out favorite Grilled Side dishes to serve.
- Cataline Glazed Grilled Chicken – Catalina grilled chicken has the best flavor and tastes amazing on the grill. The entire recipe is so easy. Plus, you can use any type of chicken you prefer with this sweet and tangy dressing.
- Grilled Pork Kabobs – Grilled Pork Kabobs are layered with your favorite veggies and grilled to perfection. The marinade gives the pork and veggies great flavor.
- Grilled Teriyaki Steaks – Grilled teriyaki steak recipe is full of flavor from being marinated and then grilled to perfection. This easy recipe comes together with little work but is a guaranteed hit.
How to Store Leftovers
This salad is ready to serve within 2 hours of stirring in the dressing mixture.
More Fresh Salad Recipes
We love to hear from you. If you make this corn salad recipe, please leave us a star review.
For the Salad:
- 3 cups Corn Kernels 4 Corn on the Cobs
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 1 Small Cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the salt ingredients.
- Boil the corn in a large pot of water for approximately 3 minutes. Once the corn has cooled, remove the kernels from the corn. Place the kernels in a large bowl.
- Stir in the remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the salad. Gently toss the ingredients to coat with the dressing.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe