This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is loaded with flavor and easy to make.
Copycat Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole Recipe:
This Easy Corn Casserole Recipe is the perfect side dish. We always make this delicious corn casserole for every holiday. It has now become as popular as the green bean casserole in my family.
We love how this amazing side dish cooks in the casserole dish. The crispy edges, cheesy top and creamy center makes simple ingredients casserole a family favorite.
If you are looking for the ultimate comfort food this holiday season, prepare this easy casserole. You can easily add in chicken or jalapenos to add flavor and texture.
What is the Difference between Corn Casserole and Corn Pudding?
The main difference between corn casserole and corn pudding is the ingredients. Corn pudding main ingredient is corn meal. Corn casserole is also known as different types of names.
It can be referred as Cream Corn Casserole, Corn Pudding, or Corn Souffle. It is usually a side dish that served during the Thanksgiving holiday and always a crowd pleaser.
- Whole Kernel Corn (15.25 ounces, drained)
- Creamed Style Corn (14.75 ounces)
- Jiffy Mix Corn Muffin Mix (8 ounces)
- Sour Cream
- Melted Butter
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded).
How to Make Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole:
- Step 1 – Heat the Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Mix ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, stir together the Ingredients. Cans of corn, cream-style corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream and butter until well combined.
- Step 3 – Pour in Baking Dish – Pour the mixture evenly into the 9X13 baking dish.
- Step 4 – Bake Casserole – Bake for 45 minutes.
- Step 5 – Top with Cheese – Top the casserole with the shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Bake until the top of the casserole has been baked golden brown.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the oven, let the casserole sit for 5 minutes. Then the casserole is ready to serve and enjoy.
Recipe Tips for the Best Corn Casserole:
- Mixing Ingredients – Mix ingredients until combined. Do not overmix.
- Resting Casserole – After baking the casserole, allow it to rest for about 5 minutes. Then it is ready to serve and enjoy.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – We recommend shredding your own cheese. The pre-shredded cheese contains ingredients that are not needed. It melts better and results in a betting topping for your casserole.
- Prepare Baking Dish – When you are preparing the casserole dish, make sure to spray with nonstick cooking spray. This helps with clean up and serving the casserole.
Paula Deen’s Corn Pudding Casserole Variations Ideas:
- Cornbread Mix – We normally use Jiffy corn muffin mix to make this recipe. But you can easily make your own if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese – For a creamier texture, feel free to add in cream cheese. We recommend cutting the sour cream in half if adding in cream cheese.
- Add in Flavor – This corn casserole is delicious with added flavor. It would be delicious with adding in green chilies, bacon, chopped green onions and more.
- Add in Meat – If you prefer a more heartier corn casserole, add in meat. Chicken, beef, and pork are all great additions to this recipe.
- Seasoning – For an extra kick to the casserole recipe, add in cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Fresh Corn – You can definitely use fresh corn in this recipe. It would be a great idea to leftover fresh corn for added flavor.
- Cast Iron Skillet – If you have a large enough cast iron skillet, you can make this recipe in it. We love cooking in our cast iron skillet. The casserole turns out delicious and flavorful.
How to know when Corn Casserole is done:
We usually baking our corn casserole for about 50 minutes. Then we top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes. You will know when the casserole is done cooking when the top is golden brown.
The center may still be soft, but that is the way it is supposed to bake.
Can I Make Corn Casserole in the Crockpot?
If you prefer, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Then pour in the prepare crock pot. Then cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
This is a great option if you want to save on oven space for the holdiays.
Can I Make Corn Casserole ahead of time:
Yes, this casserole is great to make ahead of time. Simply combine ingredients and pour into a casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
Then when you are ready to bake, remove plastic wrap and bake. We think it taste even better after rested in the fridge. You can prepare up to 48 hours, prior to baking.
How to Store and Reheat Corn Casserole:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole:
Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the corn, creamed corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream and butter until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the 9X13 baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Top the casserole with the shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the top of the casserole has browned.
- Remove from the oven, let the casserole sit for 5 minutes. Then the casserole is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Paula Deen’s Copycat Recipes:
- Easy Paula Deen’s Potato Soup Recipe
- Paula Deen’s Pineapple Casserole Recipe
- Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Casserole
- Paula Deen Strawberry Cake
- Paula Deen’s Breakfast Casserole Recipe