This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Paula Deen Potato Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious. It is the best comfort food and even better with cheese and bacon on top.
Paula Deen Potato Soup Recipe
This is the absolute best comfort food. We love Paula Deens Crockpot Potato soup. It takes 30 minutes and the slow cooker makes it so easy.
Each bowl is rich and creamy. The cream cheese gives it such a delicious base. The recipe is super easy.
- Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- White Onion, finely diced
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: More cheese, bacon and chives
How to make Paula Deen Potato Soup:
- Add ingredients to the crock pot. Place all the ingredients except for the cheese and toppings in a crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours stir occasionally.
- Dice the cream cheese, Stir in the cream cheese and the shredded cheddar cheese. Cover and cook on low for 20-30 more minutes until the cheese cooks and has melted.
- Serve and enjoy. Serve warm topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Toppings for Paula Deen crock pot potato soup:
- Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Green Onion or chopped onions
- Bacon Bits
- Sour Cream
- Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes. You can use 1 30 oz bag of frozen diced hash browns instead of potatoes in this recipe if you prefer.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes. Substitute Yukon for Russet Potatoes if you prefer.
How to store:
Refrigerate any leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The soup will thicken as it cools so you will want to add broth when reheating the soup to thin it back out.
What to serve with potato soup?
- Grilled Cheese. The gooey cheese sandwich is perfect for dipping into the soup.
- Homemade Rolls. Warm rolls combined with potato soup make the best meal.
- Salad. Serve a simple side salad to lighten up this comfort food recipe.
Learn what to serve with potato soup for even more ideas.
Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup tips:
- Cream Cheese. This needs to be added at the end of the cooking time.
- Cold Water. You can place diced potatoes in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from browning if diced. This is also helpful when making in advance.
- Even slices. Cut the potatoes into the same size slices so they cook evenly.
- Thin the broth. If the soup is thinner than you prefer, add more broth to thin the soup.
- Puree the potatoes. The potatoes can be pureed if you like the texture smooth and not lumpy.
How to thicken potato soup
Potato soup can sometimes end up too runny. However, it is very easy to thicken it to the consistency you like. One of the easiest ways is to make a Cornstarch slurry.
Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir to combine.
Then mix into the potato soup and allow it to slowly thicken. Also, see How to Thicken Potato Soup for more ideas.
Print this Paula Deen potato soup recipe below:
Paula Deen Potato Soup
- Place all the ingredients except for the cheese and toppings in a crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Dice up the cream cheese, Stir in the cream cheese and the shredded cheddar cheese. Cover and cook on low for 20-30 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe