This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If sweet potato casserole is a must for your holiday dinner, make Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole. This copycat recipe is sweet, decadent and easy to make.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe:
Sweet Potato Casserole Cracker Barrel Recipe is the perfect side dish for all your holiday dinners. This classic casserole is always on the menu and we think this copycat version taste amazing. If you love Cracker Barrel try Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings and Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole.
The sweet and creamy potatoes are cooked to perfection and layered in a baking dish. Topped with chopped pecans with the brown sugar topping makes it a crowd favorite.
If you are looking for a new sweet potato recipe, this one is it. It is easy to make and makes a perfect size for your whole family to enjoy. You might also like Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe and Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole Recipe.
What’s in Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole?
This amazing side dish doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. They are simple enough to find out the store and combined make a full of flavor casserole dish.
The ingredients start with fresh sweet potatoes that are boiled and mashed. Then the warm flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg are combined with the sweet potatoes.
The casserole is the finished with an amazing brown sugar and pecan glaze that completes this casserole.
- Medium to Large Sweet Potatoes (washed and cleaned)
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar (packed)
- Eggs (beaten)
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
For the Topping:
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Prepare Sweet Potatoes – Peel and wash your sweet potatoes first before making the sweet potato casserole. Cut them into small pieces.
- Cook Sweet Potatoes – Place your sweet potatoes in a medium pot with water and cook over medium heat until tender. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
- Mash Potatoes – Drain the sweet potatoes and mash them with a hand mixer on low.
- Prepare Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Ingredients with Mashed Potatoes – Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, vanilla extract, white sugar, milk, salt, and eggs. Beat on low speed until well combined with the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Add Mixture to Pan – In a greased casserole dish, pour the mixture and spread out.
- Melt Butter and Brown Sugar – Add 3 tablespoons butter and ⅓ cup brown sugar to a small pan.
- Combine – Whisk until well combined over medium heat.
- Top pecans on Sweet Potatoes – Sprinkle pecans on top and then add brown sugar and butter to the casserole.
- Bake – Put it in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve – Serve Sweet Potato Casserole and enjoy.
Sweet Potato Casserole Tips:
- Sweet Potatoes – We boiled our sweet potatoes on the stovetop, but you can easily bake them in the oven. You can also cook them in the microwave.
- Clean and Wash Sweet Potatoes – Make sure you peel and wash potatoes before using. Cut in about the same size pieces so they cook evenly.
- Mashing Potatoes – We used a hand mixer but you can also use a potato masher.
How to Store:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Place in the refrigerator and they will stay fresh for about 4 days
Can this be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, this sweet potato can easily be made ahead of time. Prepare the sweet potatoes and mix with ingredients as indicated. Then cover casserole and place in the refrigerator.
Once you are ready to bake, add the pecan brown sugar topping and bake.
What to Serve with Sweet Potato Casserole:
We usually save sweet potato casserole for the holidays. So we usually make traditional sides.
- Roasted Turkey
- Crock Pot Ham
- Green Bean Casserole
Print Recipe for Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole:
Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes washed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- For the topping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pecans
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Peel and wash your sweet potatoes first before making the sweet potato casserole. Cut them into small pieces.
- Place your sweet potatoes in a medium pot with water and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and mash them with a hand mixer on low.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, vanilla extract, white sugar, milk, salt, and eggs. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- In a greased casserole dish, pour the mixture and spread out.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter and ⅓ cup brown sugar to a small pan.
- Whisk until well combined over medium heat.
- Sprinkle pecans on top and then add brown sugar and butter to the casserole.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Casseroles:
- Green Bean Casserole
- Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
- Crock Pot Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Easy Stuffing Recipe
- Green Bean Casserole with Bacon Recipe
- Easy Potato Casserole Recipe